Population aging, health care, and growth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Population Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00148/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moshe Hazan & Hosny Zoabi, 2005.
"Does Longevity Cause Growth,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, 1994.
"Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families,"
in: Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis with Special Reference to Education (3rd Edition), pages 257-298
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, . "Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 84-10, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Peter Lorentzen & John McMillan & Romain Wacziarg, 2005.
"Death and Development,"
NBER Working Papers
11620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Michael, 2000. "The human capital model," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 347-408 Elsevier.
- Sanso, Marcos & Aisa, Rosa M., 2006. "Endogenous longevity, biological deterioration and economic growth," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 555-578, May.
- Scott McDonald & Jennifer Roberts, 2004.
"Aids and Economic Growth: A Human Capital Approach,"
2004008, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2004.
- McDonald, Scott & Roberts, Jennifer, 2006. "AIDS and economic growth: A human capital approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 228-250, June.
- Corrigan, Paul & Glomm, Gerhard & Mendez, Fabio, 2005. "AIDS crisis and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 107-124, June.
- Bednarek, H.L. & Pecchenino, R.A., 1999.
"A Macroeconomic Analysis of Publicly Funded Healthcare,"
9905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Bednarek, Heather L & Pecchenino, Rowena A, 2002. " A Macroeconomic Analysis of Publicly Funded Health Care," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 4(2), pages 243-70.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2006.
"Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
12269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2007. "Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 925-985, December.
- Daniel Liviano & Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod, 2012.
"Spatial Exploration of Age Distribution in Catalan Municipalities,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa12p81, European Regional Science Association.
- Liviano Solís, Daniel & Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria, 2013. "Spatial Exploration of Age Distribution in Catalan Municipalities," Working Papers 2072/220222, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Aisa, Rosa & Larramona, Gemma & Pueyo, Fernando, 2013. "Preventive health and active ageing: the elderly are not a burden," MPRA Paper 52955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masaya Yasuoka, 2013. "Subsidies for Elderly Care in Pay-As-You-Go Pension," Discussion Paper Series 109, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Sep 2013.
- Momota, Akira, 2012. "Population aging and sectoral employment shares," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 527-530.
- Rosa Aisa & Fernando Pueyo, 2013. "Population aging, health care, and growth: a comment on the effects of capital accumulation," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 1285-1301, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.