A Macroeconomic Analysis of Publicly Funded Healthcare
AbstractIn this paper we have developed a general equilibrium model in which the social welfare effects of the two major govenment health care programs, Medicare and Medicaid, and the special tax treatment of employer provided medical benefits can be simultaneously evaluated.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory in its series Papers with number 9905.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, EAST LANSING MICHIGAN 48824 U.S.A.
Web page: http://econ.msu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
MEDICAL COSTS ; SOCIAL WELFARE;
Other versions of this item:
- Bednarek, Heather L & Pecchenino, Rowena A, 2002. " A Macroeconomic Analysis of Publicly Funded Health Care," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 4(2), pages 243-70.
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kelton, Christina M.L. & Rebelein, Robert P., 2005.
"A General-Equilibrium Analysis of Public Policy for Pharmaceutical Prices,"
Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series
78, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Christina M. L. Kelton & Robert P. Rebelein, 2007. "A General-Equilibrium Analysis of Public Policy for Pharmaceutical Prices," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 9(2), pages 285-318, 04.
- Mizushima, Atsue, 2009.
"Intergenerational transfers of time and public long-term care with an aging population,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 572-581, December.
- Atsue Mizushima, 2007. "Intergenerational Transfers of Time and Public Long-term Care with an Aging Population," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 07-04, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Atsue Mizushima, 2008. "Intergenerational Transfers of Time and Public Long-term Care with an Aging Population," Economics Working Papers ECO2008/36, European University Institute.
- Tabata, Ken, 2005. "Population aging, the costs of health care for the elderly and growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 472-493, September.
- Ken-ichi Hashimoto & Ken Tabata, 2010. "Population aging, health care, and growth," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 571-593, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.