Public capital, productivity and trade balances: some evidence for the Italian regions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 37 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faini, Riccardo & Giannini, Curzio & Ingrosso, Fulvio, 1992.
"Finance and Development: The Case of Southern Italy,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
674, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Faini, R. & Galli, G. & Giannini, C., 1992. "Finance and Development : the Case of Southern Italy," Papers 170, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Chatterjee, Santanu & Sakoulis, Georgios & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2003.
"Unilateral capital transfers, public investment, and economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 1077-1103, December.
- Santanu Chatterjee & Georgios Sakoulis & Stephen Turnovsky, 2000. "Unilateral Capital Transfers, Public Investment, and Economic Growth," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0008, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Santanu Chatterjee & Georgios Sakoulis & Stephen Turnovsky, 2000. "Unilateral Capital Transfers, Public Investment, and Economic Growth," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1936, Econometric Society.
- Santanu Chatterjee & Georgios Sakoulis & Stephen Turnovsky, 2000. "Unilateral Capital Transfers, Public Investment, and Economic Growth," Working Papers 0008, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Pigliaru, Francesco & Paci, Raffaele, 2000.
"Technological Catch-Up And Regional Convergence In Europe,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa00p22, European Regional Science Association.
- R. Paci & F. Pigliaru, 1999. "Technological Catch-Up and Regional Convergence in Europe," Working Paper CRENoS 199909, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- R. Paci & S. Usai, 1997.
"Technological enclaves and industrial districts. An analysis of the regional distributions of innovative activity in Europe,"
Working Paper CRENoS
199708, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 2000. "Technological Enclaves and Industrial Districts: An Analysis of the Regional Distribution of Innovative Activity in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 97-114.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 1998. "Technological enclaves and industrial districts: An analysis of the regional distribution of innovative activity in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa98p461, European Regional Science Association.
- F. Bonaglia & L. Picci, 2000.
"Lo stock di capitale nelle Regioni Italiane,"
374, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Ganelli , Giovanni & Tervala, Juha, 2009.
"Public infrastructures, public consumption and welfare in a new open economy macro model,"
Research Discussion Papers
8/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Ganelli, Giovanni & Tervala, Juha, 2010. "Public infrastructures, public consumption, and welfare in a new-open-economy-macro model," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 827-837, September.
- Giovanni Ganelli & Juha Tervala, 2007. "Public Infrastructures, Public Consumption, and Welfare in a New-Open-Economy-Macro Model," IMF Working Papers 07/67, International Monetary Fund.
- Antonio Estache, 1994. "World Development Report: Infrastructure for Development," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44144, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Lupi, Claudio & Ordine, Patrizia, 2001. "Widening differences in Italian regional unemployment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 103-129, January.
- Wigren, Rune & Wilhelmsson, Mats, 2007. "Construction investments and economic growth in Western Europe," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 439-451.
- Karen Helene Midelfart-Knarvik & Henry G. Overman, 2002. "Delocation and European integration: is structural spending justified?," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 321-359, October.
- Salvatore D'Acunto & Sergio Destefanis & Marco Musella, 2004. "Exports, Supply Constraints and Growth: An Investigation using Regional Data," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 167-189.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Federico Bonaglia & Eliana La Ferrara & Massimiliano Marcellino, .
"Public Capital and Economic Performance: Evidence from Italy,"
163, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Federico Bonaglia & Eliana La Ferrara & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2000. "Public Capital and Economic Performance: Evidence from Italy," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 59(2), pages 221-244, September.
- Gabriele Tondl, 1999. "What Determined the Uneven Growth of Europe´s Southern Regions? An Empirical Study with Panel Data," Working Papers geewp04, Vienna University of Economics and B.A. Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Nouriel Roubini & Paul Wachtel, 1998.
"Current Account Sustainability in Transition Economies,"
NBER Working Papers
6468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nouriel Roubini & Paul Wachtel, 1997. "Current Account Sustainability in Transition Economies," Working Papers 97-03, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- A. Di Liberto & J. Symons, 1998. "Human capital stocks and the development of Italian regions. A panel approach," Working Paper CRENoS 199804, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Policy Watch: Infrastructure Investment and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 189-198, Fall.
- Sergio Destefanis & Vania Sena, 2005. "Public capital and total factor productivity: New evidence from the Italian regions, 1970-98," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 603-617.
- Forni, Mario & Paba, Sergio, 2002. "Spillovers and the Growth of Local Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 151-71, June.
- Faini, Riccardo, 1999. "Trade unions and regional development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 457-474, February.
- Pereira, Alfredo M. & Gaspar, Vitor, 1999. "An Intertemporal Analysis of Development Policies in the EU," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 799-822, December.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B., 1997. "Productive government expenditures and long-run growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 183-204, January.
- Pereira, Alfredo M. & de Frutos, Rafael Flores, 1999. "Public Capital Accumulation and Private Sector Performance," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 300-322, September.
- Centorrino M. & Ofria F. & Farinella D., 2010. "Convergence and divergence processes between the Mezzogiorno and the Centre- North ten years after the adoption of the EMU," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 453-486.
- Ferdinando Ofria, 2012. "Twelve Years on from the Adoption of the Emu: An Ex-Post Assessment on the Process of Convergence of Southern and Central-Northern Italy," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 2(Special 1), pages 326-339, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.