L'approccio Kaldor-Verdoorn: una verifica empirica per il Centro-Nord e il Mezzogiorno d'Italia (anni 1951-2006)
AbstractThis study empirically investigates the Kaldor-Verdoorn Law for the Agriculture, Constructions, Industry (narrowly-defined) and Marketable Services sectors of the Centre-North and Southern parts of Italy. Differently from previous studies about the Italian economy, this paper considers the Agriculture and Constructions sectors, both for the Centre-North and the South of Italy. Moreover, the Law is tested using data over a very long time-period (1951- 2006), also including recent years. The results confirm the explanatory power of the Law, in particular for the Industry of both areas.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January-March)
Contact details of provider:
Kaldor-Verdoorn law; labour productivity; increasing returns to scale; Italian economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Di Liberto & J. Symons, 1998. "Human capital stocks and the development of Italian regions. A panel approach," Working Paper CRENoS 199804, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- R. Paci & F. Pigliaru, 1999.
"Technological Catch-Up and Regional Convergence in Europe,"
Working Paper CRENoS
199909, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Pigliaru, Francesco & Paci, Raffaele, 2000. "Technological Catch-Up And Regional Convergence In Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa00p22, European Regional Science Association.
- Vaciago, Giacomo, 1975. "Increasing Returns and Growth in Advanced Economies: A Re-evaluation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 232-39, July.
- Romina Gambacorta, 2004. "Il dibattito sulla legge di Verdoorn: alcuni risultati empirici usando l’analisi di cointegrazione," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(3), pages 251-, May-June.
- Daniele V. & Marani U., 2008. "The effect of organized crime on foreign investments: an empirical analysis for the Italian Provinces," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 189-218.
- Ofria Ferdinando, 1998. "L'analisi empirica della produttività nell'industria italiana e divari territoriali: una rassegna della letteratura," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 81-110.
- Metcalfe, J S & Hall, P H, 1983. "The Verdoorn Law and the Salter Mechanism: A Note on Australian Manufacturing Industry," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(41), pages 364-73, December.
- Sergio Destefanis & Vania Sena, 2005. "Public capital and total factor productivity: New evidence from the Italian regions, 1970-98," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(5), pages 603-617.
- Fingleton, B & McCombie, J S L, 1998. "Increasing Returns and Economic Growth: Some Evidence for Manufacturing from the European Union Regions," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 89-105, January.
- R. Paci & S. Usai, 1997.
"Technological enclaves and industrial districts. An analysis of the regional distributions of innovative activity in Europe,"
Working Paper CRENoS
199708, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 2000. "Technological Enclaves and Industrial Districts: An Analysis of the Regional Distribution of Innovative Activity in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 97-114.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 1998. "Technological enclaves and industrial districts: An analysis of the regional distribution of innovative activity in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa98p461, European Regional Science Association.
- Centorrino M. & Ofria F., 2008. "Organized crime and labour productivity in the Mezzogiorno: an application of the "Kaldor-Verdoorn" model," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 163-188.
- Lodde, Sergio, 1999. "Education and growth; some disaggregated evidence from the Italian regions," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa117, European Regional Science Association.
- Ofria Ferdinando, 1997. "Una verifica empirica della "legge di Verdoorn" per il Centro-Nord e il Mezzogiorno (anni 1951-1992)," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 497-520.
- Salvatore D'Acunto & Sergio Destefanis & Marco Musella, 2004. "Exports, Supply Constraints and Growth: An Investigation using Regional Data," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 167-189.
- McCombie, J S L & de Ridder, J R, 1984. ""The Verdoorn Law Controversy": Some New Empirical Evidence Using U.S. State Data," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 268-84, June.
- John S. L. McCombie & Mark Roberts, 2007. "Returns To Scale And Regional Growth: The Static-Dynamic Verdoorn Law Paradox Revisited," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 179-208.
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2012.
"What the Keynesian theory said about Portugal?,"
59007, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Centorrino M. & Ofria F. & Farinella D., 2010. "Convergence and divergence processes between the Mezzogiorno and the Centre- North ten years after the adoption of the EMU," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 453-486.
- Emanuele Millemaci & Ferdinando Ofria, 2012.
"Kaldor-Verdoorn's Law and Increasing Returns to Scale: A Comparison Across Developed Countries,"
2012.92, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ofria, Ferdinando & Millemaci, Emanuele, 2010. "Kaldor-Verdoorn’s law and increasing returns to scale: a comparison across developed countries," MPRA Paper 30941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferdinando Ofria, 2012. "Twelve Years on from the Adoption of the Emu: An Ex-Post Assessment on the Process of Convergence of Southern and Central-Northern Italy," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 2(Special 1), pages 326-339, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.