Estimating Long-run Trade Elasticities in Pakistan: A Cointegration Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Pakistan Institute of Development Economics in its journal The Pakistan Development Review.
Volume (Year): 43 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Trade Elasticities; Pakistan;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1974. "Import and Export Demand in Developing Countries (Demande Ã l'importation et l'exportation dans les pays en dÃ©veloppement) (La demanda de importaciÃ³n y de exportaciÃ³n en los paÃses en des," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(3), pages 678-693, November.
- M. Aynul Hasan & Ashfaque H. Khan, 1994. "Impact of Devaluation on Pakistan's External Trade: An Econometric Approach," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 1205-1215.
- Edward, Sebastian, 1986.
"Are Devaluations Contractionary?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 501-08, August.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Risager, Ole, 1984. "Does devaluation improve the current account?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 37-64, June.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, 1996. "The black market exchange rate and demand for money in Iran," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 171-176.
- Kamal Upadhyaya & Mukti Upadhyay, 1999. "Output effects of devaluation: Evidence from Asia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 89-103.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Naeem Ur Rehman Khattak & Muhammad Tariq, 2012. "Are Real Devaluations Contractionary? an Empirical Analysis for Pakistan," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 2(1), pages 119-134, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.