Cambios en los retornos de la educación en Bogotá entre 1997 y 2003
AbstractThis paper estimates the returns to education in Bogotá in 1997 and 2003 by means of Heckman’s maximum likelihood methodology. The analytical framework used is Human Capital Theory. Instead of using the ‘Encuesta Nacional de Hogares’ (National Household Survey), as does current literature, we use the ‘Encuesta de Calidad de Vida’ (Life Quality Survey). We found a reduction after the economic recession (1999) in aspects such as the returns to education and the impact of experience in Bogotá between these years. There are also suggestions about a decrease in the labor income and in the hour-income elasticity
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía in its journal LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 66 (Enero-Junio)
Postal: Lecturas de Economía, Departamento de Economía, Calle 67, 53-108, Medellin 050010, Colombia.
Other versions of this item:
- Forero, Nohora & Gamboa, Luis Fernando, 2007. "Cambios en los retornos de la educación en Bogotá entre 1997 y 2003," REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE.
- Nohora Forero & Luis Fernando Gamboa, 2006. "Cambios en los retornos de la educación en Bogotá entre 1997 y 2003," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 002090, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- García Suaza, Andrés Felipe & Guataqui, Juan Carlos & Guerra, José Alberto & Maldonado, Darío, 2009.
"Beyond the mincer equation: the internal rate of return to higher education in Colombia,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO
005745, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Andrés Felipe García-Suaza & Juan Carlos Guataquí & José Alberto Guerra & Darío Maldonado, 2014. "Beyond the Mincer equation: the internal rate of return to higher education in Colombia," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 328-344, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.