Household response to dynamic pricing of electricity: a survey of 15 experiments
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
Dynamic pricing; Price elasticity; Elasticity of substitution; Demand models; Demand response; Rate design; L51; L94; D00;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caves, Douglas W. & Christensen, L. R. & Herriges, Joseph A., 1984. "The Consistency of the Residential Customer Response in Time-Of-Use Electricity Pricing Experiments," Staff General Research Papers 10798, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Herter, Karen, 2007. "Residential implementation of critical-peak pricing of electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2121-2130, April.
- Matsukawa, Isamu, 2001. "Household Response to Optional Peak-Load Pricing of Electricity," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 249-67, November.
- Aubin, Christophe, et al, 1995.
"Real-Time Pricing of Electricity for Residential Customers: Econometric Analysis of an Experiment,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(S), pages S171-91, Suppl. De.
- Aubin, Christophe & Fougère, Denis & Husson, Emmanuel & Ivaldi, Marc, 1994. "Real-Time Pricing of Electricity of Residential Customers: Econometric Analysis of an Experiment," IDEI Working Papers 46, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Caves, Douglas W. & Christensen, Laurits R. & Herriges, Joseph A., 1984. "Consistency of residential customer response in time-of-use electricity pricing experiments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-2), pages 179-203.
- Faruqui, Ahmad & George, Stephen, 2005. "Quantifying Customer Response to Dynamic Pricing," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 53-63, May.
- Michael Crew & Paul Kleindorfer, 2012. "Regulatory economics and the journal of regulatory economics: a 30-year retrospective," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Woo, C.K. & Li, R. & Shiu, A. & Horowitz, I., 2013. "Residential winter kWh responsiveness under optional time-varying pricing in British Columbia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 288-297.
- Tanaka, Makoto & Ida, Takanori, 2013. "Voluntary electricity conservation of households after the Great East Japan Earthquake: A stated preference analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 296-304.
- Baddeley, M., 2011. "Energy, the Environment and Behaviour Change: A survey of insights from behavioural economics," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1162, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Xian He & Nico Keyaerts & Isabel Azevedo, Leonardo Meeus, Leigh Hancher, Jean-Michel Glachant, 2013.
"How to engage consumers in demand response: a contract perspective,"
RSCAS Working Papers
2013/76, European University Institute.
- He, Xian & Keyaerts, Nico & Azevedo, Isabel & Meeus, Leonardo & Hancher, Leigh & Glachant, Jean-Michel, 2013. "How to engage consumers in demand response: A contract perspective," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 108-122.
- Ahmad Faruqui & Sanem Sergici, 2011. "Dynamic pricing of electricity in the mid-Atlantic region: econometric results from the Baltimore gas and electric company experiment," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 82-109, August.
- Delmas, Magali A. & Fischlein, Miriam & Asensio, Omar I., 2013. "Information strategies and energy conservation behavior: A meta-analysis of experimental studies from 1975 to 2012," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 729-739.
- Dütschke, Elisabeth & Paetz, Alexandra-Gwyn, 2013. "Dynamic electricity pricing—Which programs do consumers prefer?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 226-234.
- Gilbraith, Nathaniel & Powers, Susan E., 2013. "Residential demand response reduces air pollutant emissions on peak electricity demand days in New York City," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 459-469.
- De Castro, Luciano & Dutra, Joisa, 2013. "Paying for the smart grid," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages S74-S84.
- Bergaentzlé, Claire & Clastres, Cédric & Khalfallah, Haikel, 2014. "Demand-side management and European environmental and energy goals: An optimal complementary approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 858-869.
- Yang, Liu & Dong, Ciwei & Wan, C.L. Johnny & Ng, Chi To, 2013. "Electricity time-of-use tariff with consumer behavior consideration," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 402-410.
- Claire Bergaentzlé & Cédric Clastres & Haikel Khalfallah, 2014. "Demand-side management and European environmental and energy goals: an optimal complementary approach," Post-Print halshs-00928678, HAL.
- Feuerriegel, Stefan & Neumann, Dirk, 2014. "Measuring the financial impact of demand response for electricity retailers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 359-368.
- Claire Bergaentzlé & Cédric Clastres, 2013. "Demand side management in an integrated electricity market: what are the impacts on generation and environmental concerns ?," Post-Print halshs-00839116, HAL.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Tanga McDaniel Mohr, 2013. "Adopting Energy Saving Technology: Inertia or Incentives?," Working Papers 13-01, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Hung-po Chao, 2012. "Competitive electricity markets with consumer subscription service in a smart grid," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 155-180, February.
- Claire Bergaentzlé & Cédric Clastres, 2013. "Tarifications dynamiques et efficacité énergétique : l'apport des Smart Grids," Post-Print halshs-00822731, HAL.
- Ivanov, Chris & Getachew, Lullit & Fenrick, Steve A. & Vittetoe, Bethany, 2013. "Enabling technologies and energy savings: The case of EnergyWise Smart Meter Pilot of Connexus Energy," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 76-84.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.