Market discipline in the Brazilian banking industry: an analysis for the subordinated debt holders
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
Market discipline; Banking regulation; Subordinated debts; G21; G28;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Maria Soledad Martinez Peria & Sergio Schmukler, 2004. "Market Discipline in Emerging Economies: Beyond Bank Fundamentals," Business School Working Papers marketdiscipline, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2001.
"Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1029-1051, 06.
- María Soledad Martínez-Peria & Sergio Schmukler, 2002. "Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (S (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 5, pages 143-174 Central Bank of Chile.
- Sangkyun Park, 1994. "Market discipline by depositors: evidence from reduced form equations," Working Papers 1994-023, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- DeYoung, Robert, et al, 2001. "The Information Content of Bank Exam Ratings and Subordinated Debt Prices," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(4), pages 900-925, November.
- Frederick T. Furlong & Simon H. Kwan, 2007. "Safe and sound banking twenty years later: what was proposed and what has been adopted," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q1-2, pages 1 - 23.
- Donald Morgan & Kevin Stiroh, 2001. "Market Discipline of Banks: The Asset Test," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 195-208, October.
- Park, Sangkyun & Peristiani, Stavros, 1998. "Market Discipline by Thrift Depositors," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 347-64, August.
- Isabelle Distinguin & Philippe Rous & Amine Tarazi, 2006. "Market Discipline and the Use of Stock Market Data to Predict Bank Financial Distress," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 151-176, October.
- C. N. V. Krishnan & P. H. Ritchken & J. B. Thomson, 2005. "Monitoring and Controlling Bank Risk: Does Risky Debt Help?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(1), pages 343-378, 02.
- Stephen Bond & Anke Hoeffler & Jonathan Temple, 2001.
"GMM Estimation of Empirical Growth Models,"
2001-W21, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Arturo Estrella, 2004. "Bank Capital and Risk: Is Voluntary Disclosure Enough?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 145-160, October.
- Fred Furlong & Simon Kwan, 2006. "Safe and sound banking, 20 years later: what was proposed and what has been adopted," Working Paper Series 2006-27, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Steve Bond & Céline Nauges & Frank Windmeijer, 2005. "Unit roots: identification and testing in micro panels," CeMMAP working papers CWP07/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, June.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, June.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Goyal, Vidhan K., 2005. "Market discipline of bank risk: Evidence from subordinated debt contracts," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 318-350, July.
- Gorton, Gary & Santomero, Anthony M, 1990. "Market Discipline and Bank Subordinated Debt," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(1), pages 119-28, February.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bond, Stephen, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 277-97, April.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Sironi, Andrea, 2003.
" Testing for Market Discipline in the European Banking Industry: Evidence from Subordinated Debt Issues,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 443-72, June.
- Andrea Sironi, 2000. "Testing for market discipline in the European banking industry: evidence from subordinated debt issues," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sangkyun Park & Stavros Peristiani, 2001.
"Are bank shareholders enemies of regulators or a potential source of market discipline?,"
138, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Park, Sangkyun & Peristiani, Stavros, 2007. "Are bank shareholders enemies of regulators or a potential source of market discipline?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2493-2515, August.
- Julapa Jagtiani & George Kaufman & Catharine Lemieux, 2002. "The Effect of Credit Risk on Bank and Bank Holding Company Bond Yields: Evidence from the Post-FDICIA Period," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 25(4), pages 559-575.
- Keiko Murata & Masahiro Hori, 2006. "Do Small Depositors Exit From Bad Banks? Evidence From Small Financial Institutions In Japan," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(2), pages 260-278.
- Avery, Robert B & Belton, Terrence M & Goldberg, Michael A, 1988. "Market Discipline in Regulating Bank Risk: New Evidence from the Capital Markets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(4), pages 597-610, November.
- Helder de Mendonca, 2007. "Towards credibility from inflation targeting: the Brazilian experience," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 39(20), pages 2599-2615.
- Hadad, Muliaman D. & Agusman, Agusman & Monroe, Gary S. & Gasbarro, Dominic & Zumwalt, James Kenton, 2011. "Market discipline, financial crisis and regulatory changes: Evidence from Indonesian banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1552-1562, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.