The threat of regulatory environmental inspection: impact on plant performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
Environmental regulation; Regulatory inspection; Compliance; Emission; K42; Q28; L51; K32;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Polinsky, A. Mitchell & Shavell, Steven, 2007.
"The Theory of Public Enforcement of Law,"
Handbook of Law and Economics,
- A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell, 2005. "The Theory of Public Enforcement of Law," Discussion Papers 05-004, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell, 2005. "The Theory of Public Enforcement of Law," NBER Working Papers 11780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Craswell, Richard & Calfee, John E, 1986. "Deterrence and Uncertain Legal Standards," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 279-303, Fall.
- Arellano, M. & Honore, B., 2000.
"Panel Data Models: Some Recent Developments,"
0016, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Ronald Shadbegian & Wayne Gray, 2006.
"Assessing multi-dimensional performance: environmental and economic outcomes,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 213-234, December.
- Ronald Shadbegian & Wayne Gray, 2005. "Assessing Multi-Dimensional Performance: Environmental and Economic Outcomes," Working Papers 05-03, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Ronald J. Shadbegian and Wayne B. Gray, 2005. "Assessing Multi-Dimensional Performance: Environmental and Economic Outcomes," NCEE Working Paper Series 200505, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jun 2005.
- Harrington, Winston, 1988. "Enforcement leverage when penalties are restricted," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 29-53, October.
- James W. Hardin, 2002. "The robust variance estimator for two-stage models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(3), pages 253-266, August.
- Hsiao, C., 1992. "Logit and Probit Models," Papers 9210, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Karine Nyborg & Kjetil Telle, 2006. "Firms’ Compliance to Environmental Regulation: Is There Really a Paradox?," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 35(1), pages 1-18, September.
- Laplante, Benoit & Rilstone, Paul, 1996. "Environmental Inspections and Emissions of the Pulp and Paper Industry in Quebec," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 19-36, July.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974.
"Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach,"
in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Heyes, Anthony G, 1998. "Making Things Stick: Enforcement and Compliance," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 50-63, Winter.
- Segerson, Kathleen, 1988. "Uncertainty and incentives for nonpoint pollution control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 87-98, March.
- Gray, Wayne B. & Deily, Mary E., 1996. "Compliance and Enforcement: Air Pollution Regulation in the U.S. Steel Industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 96-111, July.
- Sandra Rousseau, 2007. "Timing of environmental inspections: survival of the compliant," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 17-36, August.
- Rousseau Sandra, 2005. "The use of warnings when intended and measured emissions differ," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0508, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Telle, Kjetil, 2013. "Monitoring and enforcement of environmental regulations," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 24-34.
- Kjetil Telle, 2012. "Monitoring and enforcement of environmental regulations. Lessons from a natural field experiment in Norway," Discussion Papers 680, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.