Political Economy of Agricultural Policy
AbstractIn this article, the author focuses on the findings from this study on the political economy of agricultural policy as they inform questions about the political economy of agricultural pricing, primarily but not exclusively in developing countries. To do so, the author provides some background data on the comparative study. She sketches the various stylized facts that were believed at the time and contrasts them with the regularities that emerged from the comparative study. Finally, she indicates some of the systematic empirical regularities and suggests the political economy conclusions which emerge from them. Copyright 1996 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 87 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shifa, Abdulaziz, 2011.
"The Dual Policy in the Dual Economy - The Political Economy of Urban Bias in Dictatorial Regimes,"
Research Papers in Economics
2011:22, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Shifa, Abdulaziz B., 2013. "The dual policy in the dual economy—The political economy of urban bias in dictatorial regimes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 77-85.
- Erich Gundlach & Martin Paldam, 2009.
"The religious transition - A long-run perspective,"
Economics Working Papers
2009-15, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Erich Gundlach & Martin Paldam, 2010. "The Religious Transition. A Long-run Perspective," DEGIT Conference Papers c015_039, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Martin Paldam & Erich Gundlach, 2009. "The Religious Transition. A Long-run Perspective," Kiel Working Papers 1576, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Mather, David & Jayne, Thomas S., 2012.
"The Impact of State Marketing Board Operations on Smallholder Behavior and Incomes: The Case of Kenya,"
2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
131056, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mather, David & Jayne, Thomas S., 2011. "The Impact of State Marketing Board Operations on Smallholder Behavior and Incomes: The Case of Kenya," Food Security International Development Working Papers 120742, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Hoeffler, Heike, 0. "The Political Economy of Agricultural Policies in Africa: History, Analytical Concepts and Implications for Development Cooperation," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, vol. 50.
- Mason, Nicole M. & Myers, Robert J., 2011.
"Zambian Smallholder Behavioral Responses To Food Reserve Agency Activities,"
Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs
120764, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Mason, Nicole M. & Jayne, Thomas S. & Myers, Robert J., 2011. "Zambian Smallholder Behavioral Responses To Food Reserve Agency Activities," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 120768, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.