Assessing Uncertainty in Small Area Forecasts: State of the Practice and Implementation Strategy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Population Research and Policy Review.
Volume (Year): 30 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102983
Forecast uncertainty; Decision-making; Implementation strategy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alho, Juha M., 1990. "Stochastic methods in population forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 521-530, December.
- Jeff Tayman & Stanley Smith & Jeffrey Lin, 2007. "Precision, bias, and uncertainty for state population forecasts: an exploratory analysis of time series models," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 347-369, June.
- Norman Dalkey & Olaf Helmer, 1963. "An Experimental Application of the DELPHI Method to the Use of Experts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 458-467, April.
- Ayton, Peter & Ferrell, William R. & Stewart, Thomas R., 1999. "Commentaries on "The Delphi technique as a forecasting tool: issues and analysis" by Rowe and Wright," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 377-379, October.
- Stewart, Thomas R., 1999. "Commentary on "The Delphi technique as a forecasting tool: Issues and analysis" by Rowe and Wright," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 380-381, October.
- Sevcíková, Hana & Raftery, Adrian E. & Waddell, Paul A., 2007. "Assessing uncertainty in urban simulations using Bayesian melding," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 652-669, July.
- Nico Keilman & Dinh Quang Pham & Arve Hetland, 2002. "Why population forecasts should be probabilistic - illustrated by the case of Norway," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 6(15), pages 409-454, May.
- Stefan Rayer & Stanley Smith & Jeff Tayman, 2009. "Empirical Prediction Intervals for County Population Forecasts," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 28(6), pages 773-793, December.
- Rowe, Gene & Wright, George, 1999. "The Delphi technique as a forecasting tool: issues and analysis," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 353-375, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.