Stochastic methods in population forecasting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 6 (1990)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- W. Lutz & S. Scherbov, 1997. "Sensitivity Analysis of Expert-Based Probabilistic Population Projections in the Case of Austria," Working Papers ir97048, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Wilson, Chris, 2002. "Forecast errors in global population projections: implications for food," 2002 Conference (46th), February 13-15, 2002, Canberra 125608, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Ortega, Jose Antonio & Poncela, Pilar, 2005. "Joint forecasts of Southern European fertility rates with non-stationary dynamic factor models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 539-550.
- Alex Armstrong & Nick Draper & Ed Westerhout, 2008. "The impact of demographic uncertainty on public finances in the Netherlands," CPB Discussion Paper 104, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- repec:dem:demres:v:6:y:2002:i:15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alho, Juha A., 2002. "The Population of Finland in 2050 and Beyond," Discussion Papers 826, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ronkainen , Vesa, 2012. "Stochastic modeling of financing longevity risk in pension insurance," Scientific Monographs E:44/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Tuljapurkar, Shripad & Boe, Carl, 1999. "Validation, probability-weighted priors, and information in stochastic forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 259-271, July.
- repec:dem:demres:v:27:y:2012:i:21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oberhofer, Walter & Reichsthaler, Thomas, 2004. "Modelling Fertility: A Semi-Parametric Approach," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 396, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Costa-i-Font, Joan & Wittenberg, Raphael & Patxot, Concepció & Comas-Herrera, Adelina & Gori, Cristiano & di Maio, Alessandra & Pickard, Linda & Pozzi, Alessandro & Rothgang, Heinz, 2008.
"Projecting long-term care expenditure in four European Union member states: the influence of demographic scenarios,"
Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science
http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Joan Costa-Font & Raphael Wittenberg & Concepció Patxot & Adelina Comas-Herrera & Cristiano Gori & Alessandra di Maio & Linda Pickard & Alessandro Pozzi & Heinz Rothgang, 2008. "Projecting Long-Term Care Expenditure in Four European Union Member States: The Influence of Demographic Scenarios," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 86(2), pages 303-321, April.
- Jeff Tayman & Stanley Smith & Jeffrey Lin, 2007. "Precision, bias, and uncertainty for state population forecasts: an exploratory analysis of time series models," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 347-369, June.
- Howard Hogan & William Bell & Lynn Weidman & Allen Schirm, 2003. "Integrating Survey, Demographic, and Modeling Methods," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 3780, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Alexia Prskawetz & Thomas Kögel & Warren C. Sanderson & Sergei Scherbov, 2009.
"The Effects of Age Structure on Economic Growth: An Application of Probabilistic Forecasting in India,"
0403, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
- Prskawetz, A. & Kogel, T. & Sanderson, W.C. & Scherbov, S., 2007. "The effects of age structure on economic growth: An application of probabilistic forecasting to India," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 587-602.
- Booth, Heather, 2006. "Demographic forecasting: 1980 to 2005 in review," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 547-581.
- D. Bauer & G. Feichtinger & W. Lutz & W.C. Sanderson, 1999. "Variances of Population Projections: Comparison of Two Approaches," Working Papers ir99063, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Wolfgang P. Lutz, 2001. "World population in 2050: assessing the projections: discussion," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Jeff Tayman, 2011. "Assessing Uncertainty in Small Area Forecasts: State of the Practice and Implementation Strategy," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 30(5), pages 781-800, October.
- Han Lin Shang, 2012. "Point and interval forecasts of age-specific fertility rates: a comparison of functional principal component methods," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 10/12, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.