Family Contexts and Schooling Disruption among Orphans in Post-Genocide Rwanda
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Population Research and Policy Review.
Volume (Year): 29 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102983
Children; Families; Orphans; Schooling; Genocide; HIV/AIDS;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lillard, Dean R. & DeCicca, Philip P., 2001. "Higher standards, more dropouts? Evidence within and across time," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 459-473, October.
- Martha Ainsworth & Kathleen Beegle & Godlike Koda, 2005. "The Impact of Adult Mortality and Parental Deaths on Primary Schooling in North-Western Tanzania," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 412-439.
- Sharma, Manohar P., 2006. "Orphanhood and Schooling Outcomes in Malawi," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25666, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Glick, Peter & Sahn, David E., 1999. "Schooling of girls and boys in a West African country: the effects of parental education, income, and household structure," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 63-87, February.
- Marijke Verpoorten, 2005. "The Death Toll of the Rwandan Genocide: A Detailed Analysis for Gikongoro Province," Population (english edition), Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED), vol. 60(4), pages 331-367.
- Kathleen Beegle & Joachim De Weerdt & Stefan Dercon, 2006.
"Orphanhood and the Long-Run Impact on Children,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1266-1272.
- Stefan Dercon & Kathleen Beegle, 2007. "Orphanhood and the long-run impact on children," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2007-08, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Beegle Kathleen & Joachim De Weerdt & Stefan Dercon, 2007. "Orphanhood and the long-run impact on children," CSAE Working Paper Series 2007-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Minnie Ames, 2004.
"Schooling and Parental Death,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 211-225, February.
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Minnie Ames, 2003. "Schooling and Parental Death," HEW 0303001, EconWPA.
- Gertler, Paul & Levine, David I. & Ames, Minnie, 2003. "Schooling and Parental Death," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt0dd4659h, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson & Joseph Ableidinger, 2004.
"Orphans in Africa: Parental Death, Poverty and School Enrollment,"
256, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson & Joseph Ableidinger, 2004. "Orphans in Africa: parental death, poverty, and school enrollment," Demography, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 483-508, August.
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson & Joseph Ableidinger, 2004. "Orphans in Africa: Parental Death, Poverty and School Enrollment," Working Papers 183, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1998. "Estimating wealth effects without expenditure data - or tears : with an application to educational enrollments in states of India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1994, The World Bank.
- Richard Akresh & Philip Verwimp & Tom Bundervoet, 2011.
"Civil War, Crop Failure, and Child Stunting in Rwanda,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 777 - 810.
- Akresh, Richard & Verwimp, Philip & Bundervoet, Tom, 2007. "Civil war, crop failure, and child stunting in Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4208, The World Bank.
- David Evans & Edward Miguel, 2007.
"Orphans and schooling in africa: a longitudinal analysis,"
Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 35-57, February.
- Evans, David & Miguel, Edward A., 2005. "Orphans and Schooling in Africa: A Longitudinal Analysis," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt14w3s2fh, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Philip Verwimp, 2001. "A Quantitative Analysis of Genocide in Kibuye Prefecture, Rwanda," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces0110, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Melissa Marschall, 2006. "Parent Involvement and Educational Outcomes for Latino Students," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 23(5), pages 1053-1076, 09.
- Damien Walque, 2005. "Selective Mortality During the Khmer Rouge Period in Cambodia," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 31(2), pages 351-368.
- Ainsworth, Martha & Filmer, Deon, 2006. "Inequalities in children's schooling: AIDS, orphanhood, poverty, and gender," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1099-1128, June.
- Thomas Deleire & Ariel Kalil, 2002.
"Good things come in threes: Single-parent multigenerational family structure and adolescent adjustment,"
Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 393-413, May.
- Thomas DeLeire & Ariel Kalil, 2001. "Good Things Come in Threes: Single-parent Multigenerational Family Structure and Adolescent Adjustment," JCPR Working Papers 242, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Nyambedha, Erick Otieno & Wandibba, Simiyu & Aagaard-Hansen, Jens, 2003. "Changing patterns of orphan care due to the HIV epidemic in western Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 301-311, July.
- Ghobarah, H.A.Hazem Adam & Huth, Paul & Russett, Bruce, 2004. "The post-war public health effects of civil conflict," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 869-884, August.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 1997. "Family size, schooling and child labor in Peru - An empirical analysis," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 387-405.
- Rachel Goldberg & Susan Short, 2012. "“The Luggage that isn’t Theirs is Too Heavy…”: Understandings of Orphan Disadvantage in Lesotho," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 67-83, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.