Efficiency of the Indian leather firms: some results obtained using the two conventional methods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 37 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Leather industry; Technical efficiency; Data envelopment analysis; Stochastic frontier analysis; Technological heterogeneity; Technology closeness ratio; JEL Classification; C34; D24; L67;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C34 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Lall, Somik V. & Rodrigo, G. Chris, 2001.
"Perspectives on the Sources of Heterogeneity in Indian Industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2127-2143, December.
- Lall, Somik V. & Rodrigo, G. Chris, 2000. "Perspectives on the sources of heterogeneity in Indian industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2496, The World Bank.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Hung-jen Wang & Peter Schmidt, 2002.
"One-Step and Two-Step Estimation of the Effects of Exogenous Variables on Technical Efficiency Levels,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Wang, Hung-jen & Schmidt, Peter, 2001. "One-step and two-step estimation of the effects of exogenous variables on technical efficiency levels," MPRA Paper 31075, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2002.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Page, John Jr., 1984. "Firm size and technical efficiency : Applications of production frontiers to Indian survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 129-152.
- Karl Lundvall & George Battese, 2000. "Firm size, age and efficiency: Evidence from Kenyan manufacturing firms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 146-163.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Wang, Wei Siang & Schmidt, Peter, 2009.
"On the distribution of estimated technical efficiency in stochastic frontier models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 36-45, January.
- Wei Siang Wang & Peter Schmidt, 2007. "On The Distribution of Estimated Technical Efficiency in Stochastic Frontier Models," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022007, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- T. A. Bhavani, 1991. "Technical Efficiency in Indian Modern Small Scale Sector: An Application of Frontier Production function," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 149-166, July.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.