Joint ventures and technology transfer: the Solomon Islands pole-and-line fishery
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 57 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1993.
"Endogenous, Innovation in the Theory of Growth,"
165, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-32.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Niosi, Jorge & Hanel, Petr & Fiset, Liette, 1995. "Technology transfer to developing countries through engineering firms: The Canadian experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1815-1824, October.
- H. F. Campbell & R. B. Nicholl, 1994. "Can Purse Seiners Target Yellowfin Tuna?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(3), pages 345-354.
- Squires, Dale & Kirkley, James, 1991. "Production quota in multiproduct pacific fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 109-126, September.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Saggi, Kamal, 2001. "Mode of foreign entry, technology transfer, and foreign direct investment policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2737, The World Bank.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Saggi, Kamal, 2001.
"Mode of Foreign Entry, Technology Transfer, and FDI Policy,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Saggi, Kamal, 2004. "Mode of foreign entry, technology transfer, and FDI policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 95-111, October.
- Dale Squires & R. Quentin Grafton & Mohammed Ferdous Alam & Ishak Haji Omar, 2002.
"Technical Efficiency in the Malaysian Gill Net Artisanal Fishery,"
Economics and Environment Network Working Papers
0204, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Squires, Dale & Grafton, R. Quentin & Alam, Mohammed Ferdous & Omar, Ishak Haji, 2003. "Technical efficiency in the Malaysian gill net artisanal fishery," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 481-504, July.
- Niels Vestergaard & Dale Squires & Frank Jensen & Jesper L. Andersen, 2002. "Technical Efficiency of the Danish Trawl fleet: Are the Industrial Vessels Better than Others?," Working Papers 32/02, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Sean Pascoe & Parastoo Hassaszahed & Jesper Anderson & Knud Korsbrekke, 2003. "Economic versus physical input measures in the analysis of technical efficiency in fisheries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(15), pages 1699-1710.
- Nazneen K. Chowdhury & Tom Kompas & Kaliappa Kalirajan, 2010. "Impact of control measures in fisheries management: evidence from Bangladesh's industrial trawl fishery," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 765-773.
- Yongil Jeon & Ishak Haji Omar & K. Kuperan & Dale Squires & Indah Susilowati, 2006. "Developing country fisheries and technical efficiency: the Java Sea purse seine fishery," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(13), pages 1541-1552.
- Lokina, Razack B., 2008. "Technical Efficiency and the Role of Skipper Skill in Artisanal Lake Victoria Fisheries," Discussion Papers dp-08-13-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Eggert, Håkan, 2001. "Technical efficiency in the Swedish trawl fishery for Norway lobster," Working Papers in Economics 53, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Trond Bjorndal & Sean Pascoe, 2004. "Output Substitution in Multi-Species Trawl Fisheries: Implications for Quota Setting," Working Papers 2004.30, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.