A micro-econometric analysis of the role of R&D spillovers using a nonlinear translog specification
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 37 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
R&D spillovers; Translog; Technical efficiency; Italian manufacturing firms; O33; L29; C23;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L29 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Other
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michele Cincera & Luigi Aldieri, 2006.
"Geographic and technological R&D spillovers within the triad: micro evidence from US patents,"
DULBEA Working Papers
06-10.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Luigi Aldieri & Michele Cincera, 2009. "Geographic and technological R&D spillovers within the triad: micro evidence from US patents," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 196-211, April.
- Michele Cincera, 2007. "Geographic and Technological R&D spillovers within the Triad: Micro evidence from US patents," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/147173, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Luigi Aldieri & Michele Cincera, 2009. "Geographic and technological R&D spillovers within the triad: Micro evidence from US patents," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/111934, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aldieri, Luigi & Cincera, Michele, 2009. "Geographic and Technological R&D Spillovers within the Triad: Micro Evidence from US Patents," CEPR Discussion Papers 7113, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lall, Somik & Shalizi, Zmarak & Deichmann, Uwe, 2001.
"Agglomeration economies and productivity in Indian industry,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2663, The World Bank.
- Lall, Somik V. & Shalizi, Zmarak & Deichmann, Uwe, 2004. "Agglomeration economies and productivity in Indian industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 643-673, April.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Francesco Aiello & Paola Cardamone, 2005. "R&D spillovers and productivity growth: evidence from Italian manufacturing microdata," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(10), pages 625-631.
- Francesco Aiello & Valeria Pupo, 2004. "Il tasso di rendimento degli investimenti in ricerca e sviluppo delle imprese innovatrici italiane," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(3), pages 81-118, May-June.
- Bettina Becker & Nigel Pain, 2003.
"What Determines Industrial R&D Expenditure in the UK?,"
NIESR Discussion Papers
211, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Bettina Becker & Nigel Pain, 2008. "What Determines Industrial R&D Expenditure In The Uk?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(1), pages 66-87, 01.
- Bottazzi, Laura & Peri, Giovanni, 2003.
"Innovation and spillovers in regions: Evidence from European patent data,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 687-710, August.
- Laura Bottazzi & Giovanni Peri, . "Innovation and Spillovers in Regions: Evidence from European Patent Data," Working Papers 215, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 1999.
"Measuring Knowledge Spillovers in Manufacturing and Services: An Empirical Assessment of Alternative Approaches,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
99-62, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 2002. "Measuring knowledge spillovers in manufacturing and services: an empirical assessment of alternative approaches," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Michele Cincera, 2005.
"Firms' productivity growth and R&D spillovers: an analysis of alternative technological proximity measures,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/5490, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michele Cincera, 2005. "Firms' productivity growth and R&D spillovers: An analysis of alternative technological proximity measures," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 657-682.
- Cincera, Michele, 2005. "Firms' Productivity Growth and R&D Spillovers: An Analysis of Alternative Technological Proximity Measures," CEPR Discussion Papers 4894, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paola Cardamone, 2010. "The role of R&D spillovers in product and process innovation," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 483-493.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Harry Bloch, 2004. "Determinants of Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 155-162, 03.
- Maurseth, Per Botolf & Verspagen, Bart, 2002. " Knowledge Spillovers in Europe: A Patent Citations Analysis," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(4), pages 531-45, December.
- Del Monte, Alfredo & Papagni, Erasmo, 2003. "R&D and the growth of firms: empirical analysis of a panel of Italian firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1003-1014, June.
- G. Medda & C. Piga, 2004. "R&S e spillover industriali: un'analisi sulle imprese italiane," Working Paper CRENoS 200406, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Francesco Aiello & Paola Cardamone, 2008. "R&D spillovers and firms’ performance in Italy," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 143-166, February.
- Michael J. Orlando, 2000. "On the importance of geographic and technological proximity for R&D spillovers : an empirical investigation," Research Working Paper RWP 00-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Aiello, Francesco & Cardamone, Paola, 2012.
"Regional economic divide and the role of technological spillovers in Italy. Evidence from microdata,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 205-220.
- Francesco Aiello & Paola Cardamone, 2010. "Regional Economic Divide And The Role Of Technological Spillovers In Italy. Evidence From Microdata," Working Papers 201010, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Aiello, Francesco & Cardamone, Paola, 2010. "Regional economic divide and the role of technological spillovers in Italy. Evidence from microdata," MPRA Paper 22572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.