R&D spillovers and productivity growth: evidence from Italian manufacturing microdata
AbstractRecently the focus of R&D impact on productivity moves from internal to external innovation. This paper assesses the link between R&D spillovers and productivity of 1017 Italian manufacturing firms over 1995-2000. Different proxies of R&D spillovers and several specification tests are used to select a well-behaved fixed effect model. As predicted by various new growth theory models, external R&D exerts a positive and highly significant effect on firms' productivity growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 12 (2005)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:rie:review:v:6:y:2001:i:2:n:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Interindustry Technology Flows and Productivity Growth: A Reexamination,"
in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 241-250
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi & Lichtenberg, Frank, 1984. "Interindustry Technology Flows and Productivity Growth: A Re-examination," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(2), pages 324-29, May.
- repec:rie:review:y:2001:v:2:i:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aiello, Francesco & Cardamone, Paola, 2010.
"Regional economic divide and the role of technological spillovers in Italy. Evidence from microdata,"
22572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aiello, Francesco & Cardamone, Paola, 2012. "Regional economic divide and the role of technological spillovers in Italy. Evidence from microdata," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 205-220.
- Francesco Aiello & Paola Cardamone, 2010. "Regional Economic Divide And The Role Of Technological Spillovers In Italy. Evidence From Microdata," Working Papers 201010, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Wang, Lili & Meijers, Huub & Szirmai, Eddy, 2013. "Technological spillovers and industrial growth in Chinese regions," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 044, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Piekkola, Hannu, 2005. "Public Funding of R&D and Growth: Firm-level Evidence from Finland," Discussion Papers 996, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Paola Cardamone, 2012. "A micro-econometric analysis of the role of R&D spillovers using a nonlinear translog specification," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 41-58, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.