Organization capital and firm performance. Empirical evidence for European firms
AbstractThe paper assesses the impact of organization capital (OC) on firm performance for a sample of European firms. OC is proxied by capitalizing selling, general and administrative expenses, an income statement item. Results are robust and show the strong effect of OC on firm performance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 112 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Intangibles Knowledge-based resources Organization capital R&D capital stock Translog production function;
Other versions of this item:
- Claudia Tronconi & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2010. "Organizational capital and firm performance. Empirical evidence for European firms," Department of Economics Working Papers 1018, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D29 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Other
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baruch Lev & Suresh Radhakrishnan, 2005. "The Valuation of Organization Capital," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 73-110 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kim, H Youn, 1992. "The Translog Production Function and Variable Returns to Scale," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 546-52, August.
- Supriyo De & Dilip Dutta, 2007. "Impact of Intangible Capital on Productivity and Growth: Lessons from the Indian Information Technology Software Industry," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 83(s1), pages S73-S86, 09.
- Black, Sandra E. & Lynch, Lisa M., 2005.
"Measuring Organizational Capital in the New Economy,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1524, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sandra E. Black & Lisa M. Lynch, 2005. "Measuring Organizational Capital in the New Economy," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 205-236 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sandro Montresor, 2004. "Resources, capabilities, competences and the theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(5), pages 409-434, October.
- Elizabeth Webster & Paul H. Jensen, 2006. "Investment in Intangible Capital: An Enterprise Perspective," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(256), pages 82-96, 03.
- Hiroki Arato & Katsunori Yamada, 2012.
"Japan's Intangible Capital and Valuation of Corporations in a Neoclassical Framework,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(4), pages 459-478, October.
- Hiroki Arato & Katsunori Yamada, 2011. "Code and data files for "Japan's Intangible Capital and Valuation of Corporations in a Neoclassical Framework"," Computer Codes 10-34, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Hiroki Arato & Katsunori Yamada, 2010. "Japan's Intangible Capital and Valuation of Corporations in a Neoclassical Framework," ISER Discussion Paper 0772, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Nov 2011.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2014. "Are Large Headquarters Unproductive? Evidence from a panel of Japanese companies," Discussion papers 14036, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.