Produttività e capitale tecnologico nel settore manifatturiero italiano
AbstractThis paper estimates the impact of R&D expenditure on productivity at firm level. We use a balanced panel of 385 Italian manufacturing firms in order to provide evidence of the elasticity of capital R&D over the period 1992-1997. We consider an extended production function that includes the firm's own R&D capital stock and the spillover effect as inputs, as well as labour, physical and human capital. Final outcomes confirm the relevance of R&D as a source of growth, the R&D capital elasticity being equal to 0.14.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Società editrice il Mulino in its journal L'industria.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aiello, Francesco & Cardamone, Paola, 2010.
"Regional economic divide and the role of technological spillovers in Italy. Evidence from microdata,"
22572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aiello, Francesco & Cardamone, Paola, 2012. "Regional economic divide and the role of technological spillovers in Italy. Evidence from microdata," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 205-220.
- Francesco Aiello & Paola Cardamone, 2010. "Regional Economic Divide And The Role Of Technological Spillovers In Italy. Evidence From Microdata," Working Papers 201010, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Isabella Martucci & Anna Maria Costanza Rinaldi, 2012. "The Way Italian Firms Grow: A Case Study from Southern Italy," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 15(43), pages 115-130, March.
- Cardamone, Paola, 2014. "R&D, spatial proximity and productivity at firm level: evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 57149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.