Joint estimation of technology choice and technical efficiency: an application to organic and conventional dairy farming
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 31 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Production function; Inefficiency; Endogeneity; Maximum likelihood; C23; D24; D83; O30; Q12;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alfons Weersink & Calum G. Turvey & Abdulahi Godah, 1990. "Decomposition Measures of Technical Efficiency for Ontario Dairy Farms," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 38(3), pages 439-456, November.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2001. "Technical efficiency of alternative farming systems: the case of Greek organic and conventional olive-growing farms," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 549-569, December.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Hallam, David & Machado, Fernando, 1996. "Efficiency Analysis with Panel Data: A Study of Portuguese Dairy Farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(1), pages 79-93.
- Efthymios Tsionas & Theodore Papadogonas, 2006. "Firm exit and technical inefficiency," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 535-548, June.
- Luis Orea & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2004. "Efficiency measurement using a latent class stochastic frontier model," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 169-183, January.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, Celine, 2010. "Converting to organic farming in France: Is there a selection problem?," 120th Seminar, September 2-4, 2010, Chania, Crete 109386, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Breustedt, Gunnar & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe & Tiedemann, Torben, 2011. "Organic or conventional? Optimal dairy farming technology under the EU milk quota system and organic subsidies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 223-229, April.
- Lakner, Sebastian, 2009. "Technical efficiency of organic milk-farms in Germany - the role of subsidies and of regional factors," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51301, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fertő, Imre & Baráth, Lajos, 2013.
"Heterogenitás és technikai hatékonyság - a magyar specializált szántóföldi növénytermesztő üzemek esete
[Heterogeneity and technical efficiency - the case of Hungarys specialized arable," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 650-669.
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & William Greene & Daniel Solís, 2012. "Technical efficiency analysis correcting for biases from observed and unobserved variables: an application to a natural resource management project," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 55-72, August.
- Laure Latruffe & Céline Nauges, 2010.
"Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France,"
Working Papers SMART - LERECO
10-17, INRA UMR SMART.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, CÃ©line, 2010. "Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France," LERNA Working Papers 10.23.329, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, Céline, 2010. "Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France," TSE Working Papers 10-209, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012.
"Land fragmentation, market integration and farm efficiency: empirical evidence from Kosovo,"
86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK
134968, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012. "Land Fragmentation, Market Integration and Farm Efficiency: Empirical Evidence from Kosovo," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123236, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hung-pin Lai, 2013. "Estimation of the threshold stochastic frontier model in the presence of an endogenous sample split variable," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 227-237, October.
- PechrovaÌ, M. & VlasÌŒicovÃ¡, E., 2013. "Technical Efficiency of Organic and Biodynamic Farms in the Czech Republic," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 5(4), December.
- Breustedt, Gunnar & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe & Tiedemann, Torben, 2010. "Organic Or Conventional? Optimal Dairy Farming Technology Under The Eu Milk Quota System And Organic Subsidies," 50st Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 29-October 1, 2010 93934, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Sipilainen, Timo & Kuosmanen, Timo & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2008. "Measuring productivity differentials – An application to milk production in Nordic countries," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44277, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Gorton, Matthew, 2012. "Land Fragmentation and Market Integration - Heterogeneous Technologies in Kosovo," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137385, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- William Greene, 2010.
"A stochastic frontier model with correction for sample selection,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 15-24, August.
- William Greene, 2008. "A Stochastic Frontier Model with Correction for Sample Selection," Working Papers 08-9, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.