The efficiency of Spanish arable crop organic farms, a local maximum likelihood approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 31 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Organic and conventional farming; Technical efficiency; Local maximum likelihood approach; C14; Q12; D24;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Ghosh, Soumendra & McGuckin, J Thomas, 1991. "A Generalized Production Frontier Approach for Estimating Determinants of Inefficiency in U.S. Dairy Farms," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(3), pages 279-86, July.
- Michael Burton & Dan Rigby & Trevor Young, 2003.
"Modelling the adoption of organic horticultural technology in the UK using Duration Analysis,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), pages 29-54, 03.
- Burton, Michael P. & Rigby, Dan & Young, Trevor, 2003. "Modelling the adoption of organic horticultural technology in the UK using Duration Analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), March.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Efthymios Tsionas, 2008. "Scale and efficiency measurement using a semiparametric stochastic frontier model: evidence from the U.S. commercial banks," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 585-602, June.
- Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M. & Jensma, Klaske, 2003. "Analysing Profits and Economic Behaviour of Organic and Conventional Dutch Arable Farms," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(2), August.
- Lohr, Luanne & Salomonsson, Lennart, 1998.
"Conversion Subsidies For Organic Production: Results From Sweden And Lessons For The United States,"
16640, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Lohr, Luanne & Salomonsson, Lennart, 2000. "Conversion subsidies for organic production: results from Sweden and lessons for the United States," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 133-146, March.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Teresa Serra & David Zilberman & José M. Gil, 2008. "Differential uncertainties and risk attitudes between conventional and organic producers: the case of Spanish arable crop farmers," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 219-229, 09.
- Rougoor, Carin W. & Trip, Ger & Huirne, Ruud B. M. & Renkema, Jan A., 1998. "How to define and study farmers' management capacity: theory and use in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 261-272, May.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2002. "Empirical Evidence of Technical Efficiency Levels in Greek Organic and Conventional Farms," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(2), August.
- Fan, Yanqin & Li, Qi & Weersink, Alfons, 1996. "Semiparametric Estimation of Stochastic Production Frontier Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 460-68, October.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2001. "Technical efficiency of alternative farming systems: the case of Greek organic and conventional olive-growing farms," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 549-569, December.
- Murat Isik & Madhu Khanna, 2003. "Stochastic Technology, Risk Preferences, and Adoption of Site-Specific Technologies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 305-317.
- Martins-Filho, Carlos & Yao, Feng, 2007. "Nonparametric frontier estimation via local linear regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 283-319, November.
- Gary D. Thompson, 1998. "Consumer Demand for Organic Foods: What We Know and What We Need to Know," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1113-1118.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Stevens-Garmon, John & Huang, Chung L. & Lin, Biing-Hwan, 2007. "Organic Demand: A Profile of Consumers in the Fresh Produce Market," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 22(2).
- Hassouneh, Islam & Serra, Teresa & Gil, Jose Maria, 2011. "Non-parametric and Parametric Modeling of Biodiesel - Sunflower Oil - Crude Oil Price Relationships," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114554, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, CÃ©line, 2010.
"Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France,"
LERNA Working Papers
10.23.329, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, Céline, 2010. "Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France," TSE Working Papers 10-209, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Laure Latruffe & Céline Nauges, 2010. "Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 201017, INRA UMR SMART.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, Celine, 2010. "Converting to organic farming in France: Is there a selection problem?," 120th Seminar, September 2-4, 2010, Chania, Crete 109386, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.