The efficiency of Spanish arable crop organic farms, a local maximum likelihood approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 31 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Organic and conventional farming; Technical efficiency; Local maximum likelihood approach; C14; Q12; D24;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Subal Kumbhakar & Efthymios Tsionas, 2008. "Scale and efficiency measurement using a semiparametric stochastic frontier model: evidence from the U.S. commercial banks," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 585-602, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Lohr, Luanne & Salomonsson, Lennart, 1998.
"Conversion Subsidies For Organic Production: Results From Sweden And Lessons For The United States,"
16640, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Lohr, Luanne & Salomonsson, Lennart, 2000. "Conversion subsidies for organic production: results from Sweden and lessons for the United States," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 133-146, March.
- Gary D. Thompson, 1998. "Consumer Demand for Organic Foods: What We Know and What We Need to Know," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1113-1118.
- Rougoor, Carin W. & Trip, Ger & Huirne, Ruud B. M. & Renkema, Jan A., 1998. "How to define and study farmers' management capacity: theory and use in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 261-272, May.
- Martins-Filho, Carlos & Yao, Feng, 2007. "Nonparametric frontier estimation via local linear regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 283-319, November.
- Murat Isik & Madhu Khanna, 2003.
"Stochastic Technology, Risk Preferences, and Adoption of Site-Specific Technologies,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 305-317.
- Isik, Murat & Khanna, Madhu, 2002. "Stochastic Technology, Risk Preferences And Adoption Of Site-Specific Technologies," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19858, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art,"
9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Burton, Michael P. & Rigby, Dan & Young, Trevor, 2003.
"Modelling the adoption of organic horticultural technology in the UK using Duration Analysis,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), March.
- Michael Burton & Dan Rigby & Trevor Young, 2003. "Modelling the adoption of organic horticultural technology in the UK using Duration Analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), pages 29-54, 03.
- Stevens-Garmon, John & Huang, Chung L. & Lin, Biing-Hwan, 2007. "Organic Demand: A Profile of Consumers in the Fresh Produce Market," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 22(2).
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Ghosh, Soumendra & McGuckin, J Thomas, 1991. "A Generalized Production Frontier Approach for Estimating Determinants of Inefficiency in U.S. Dairy Farms," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(3), pages 279-86, July.
- Fan, Yanqin & Li, Qi & Weersink, Alfons, 1996. "Semiparametric Estimation of Stochastic Production Frontier Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 460-68, October.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2001. "Technical efficiency of alternative farming systems: the case of Greek organic and conventional olive-growing farms," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 549-569, December.
- Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M. & Jensma, Klaske, 2003. "Analysing Profits and Economic Behaviour of Organic and Conventional Dutch Arable Farms," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 4(2), August.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2002. "Empirical Evidence of Technical Efficiency Levels in Greek Organic and Conventional Farms," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(2), August.
- Teresa Serra & David Zilberman & José M. Gil, 2008. "Differential uncertainties and risk attitudes between conventional and organic producers: the case of Spanish arable crop farmers," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 219-229, 09.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, CÃ©line, 2010.
"Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France,"
LERNA Working Papers
10.23.329, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Laure Latruffe & Céline Nauges, 2010. "Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 10-17, INRA UMR SMART.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, Céline, 2010. "Technical efficiency and conversion to organic farming: the case of France," TSE Working Papers 10-209, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Mercedes Beltrán & Ernest Reig, 2014. "Comparing conventional and organic citrus grower efficiency in Spain," Working Papers 1406, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Hassouneh, Islam & Serra, Teresa & Gil, Jose Maria, 2011. "Non-parametric and Parametric Modeling of Biodiesel - Sunflower Oil - Crude Oil Price Relationships," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114554, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Latruffe, Laure & Nauges, Celine, 2010. "Converting to organic farming in France: Is there a selection problem?," 120th Seminar, September 2-4, 2010, Chania, Crete 109386, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.