Lessons for African Economies from Irish and East Asian Industrial Policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade.
Volume (Year): 9 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=105724
industrial policy; Ireland; East Asia; economic development; FDI; small firms; F23; L52; L53; O2; P16;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L53 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Enterprise Policy
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Metcalfe, J S, 1994. "Evolutionary Economics and Technology Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(425), pages 931-44, July.
- Zoltan Acs & Colm O’Gorman & Laszlo Szerb & Siri Terjesen, 2007.
"Could the Irish Miracle be Repeated in Hungary?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 123-142, March.
- Zoltan Acs & Colm O'Gorman & Laszlo Szerb & Siri Terjesen, 2006. "Could The Irish Miracle Be Repeated in Hungary?," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-33, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Singh, Ajit, 1998. "The Asian Model: A Crisis Foretold?," MPRA Paper 24683, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frances Ruane & Peter J. Buckley, 2006.
"Foreign Direct Investment in Ireland: Policy Implications for Emerging Economies,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Peter J. Buckley & Frances Ruane, 2006. "Foreign Direct Investment in Ireland: Policy Implications for Emerging Economies," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(11), pages 1611-1628, November.
- Karl Aiginger, 2007. "Industrial Policy: A Dying Breed or A Re-emerging Phoenix," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Holger Gorg & Frances Ruane, 2001. "Multinational Companies and Linkages: Panel-Data Evidence for the Irish Electronics Sector," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 1-18.
- Lenihan, Helena & Hart, Mark & Roper, Stephen, 2005. "Developing an Evaluative Framework for Industrial Policy in Ireland: Fulfilling the Audit Trail or an Aid to Policy Development?," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2005(2-Summer), pages 1-17.
- Blomström, Magnus & Globerman, Steve & Kokko, Ari, 2000. "The Determinants of Host Country Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment," CEPR Discussion Papers 2350, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- H Lenihan, 1999. "An evaluation of a regional development agency's grants in terms of deadweight and displacement," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 17(3), pages 303-318, June.
- Ajit Singh, 2008. "The Past, Present and Future of Industrial Policy in India: Adapting to the Changing Domestic and International Environment," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp376, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Frances Ruane & Ali U?ur, 2005.
"Export Platform FDI and Dualistic Development,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Frances Ruane & Ali Ugur, 2005. "Export Platform FDI and Dualistic Development," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp029, IIIS.
- Frank Barry & John Bradley & Aoife Hannan, 2001. "The Single Market, the Structural Funds and Ireland's Recent Economic Growth," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 537-552, 09.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 2006. "Industrial policy in East Asia - lessons for Europe," EIB Papers 11/2006, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Holger G–rg & Eric Strobl, 2003.
"Multinational Companies, Technology Spillovers and Plant Survival,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(4), pages 581-595, December.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2003. "Multinational Companies, Technology Spillovers, and Plant Survival," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 366, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Amsden, Alice H. & Singh, Ajit, 1994. "The optimal degree of competition and dynamic efficiency in Japan and Korea," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 941-951, April.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2002.
"Multinational Companies and Indigenous Development: An Empirical Analysis,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3325, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2002. "Multinational companies and indigenous development: An empirical analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1305-1322, July.
- Wolfgang HÄRDLE & J. MARRON & L. YANG, 1996. "Discussion," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1996,65, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Helena Lenihan, 2004. "Evaluating Irish industrial policy in terms of deadweight and displacement: a quantitative methodological approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 229-252.
- Sanjaya Lall (QEH), . "Is African Industry Competing?," QEH Working Papers qehwps122, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- repec:eso:journl:v:31:y:2000:i:3:p:215-235 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wop:humbsf:1996-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ajit Singh, 1998. "Savings, investment and the corporation in the East Asian miracle," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 112-137.
- Uwe Deichmann & Somik V. Lall & Stephen J. Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2008. "Industrial Location in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 23(2), pages 219-246, May.
- Frances Ruane & Anne Marie Gleeson & Julie Sutherland, 2005. "Promoting Industrial Clusters: Evidence from Ireland," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp89, IIIS.
- Helena Lenihan & Mark Hart, 2004. "The use of counterfactual scenarios as a means to assess policy deadweight: an Irish case study," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 22(6), pages 817-839, December.
- Barry, Frank & Van Egeraat, Chris, 2008. "The Decline of the Computer Hardware Sector: How Ireland Adjusted," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2008(1-Spring), pages 38-57.
- Lenihan, Helena, 2011. "Enterprise policy evaluation: Is there a 'new' way of doing it?," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 323-332, November.
- Benner, Maximilian, 2010.
"Exportinduziertes Wachstum als Chance für die „nächsten Tiger“?
[Export-led growth as a chance for the “next tigers”?]," MPRA Paper 40744, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.