Industrial Policy: A Dying Breed or A Re-emerging Phoenix
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=105724
industrial policy; competitiveness; innovation strategy; dynamic market failures; D78; L16; L52; N60; O25; O38;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- N60 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elie Cohen, 2007. "Industrial Policies in France: The Old and the New," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 213-227, December.
- Aiginger, Karl, 1997. "The Use of Unit Values to Discriminate between Price and Quality Competition," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(5), pages 571-92, September.
- Pekka Ylä-Anttila & Christopher Palmberg, 2007. "Economic and Industrial Policy Transformations in Finland," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 169-187, December.
- John Beath, 2002. "UK Industrial Policy: Old Tunes on New Instruments?," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 221-239, June.
- Christian Ketels, 2007. "Industrial Policy in the United States," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 147-167, December.
- Geroski, P A, 1989. "European Industrial Policy and Industrial Policy in Europe," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 20-36, Summer.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2004.
"Industrial Policy for the Twenty-First Century,"
Working Paper Series
rwp04-047, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- David Bailey & Nigel Driffield, 2007. "Industrial Policy, FDI and Employment: Still ‘Missing a Strategy’," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 189-211, December.
- Marcus Noland & Howard Pack, 2003. "Industrial Policy in an Era of Globalization: Lessons from Asia," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 358.
- Karl Aiginger, 2006. "Revisiting an Evasive Concept: Introduction to the Special Issue on Competitiveness," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 63-66, June.
- Christian Ketels, 2006. "Michael Porter’s Competitiveness Framework—Recent Learnings and New Research Priorities," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 115-136, June.
- Howard Pack & Kamal Saggi, 2006. "Is There a Case for Industrial Policy? A Critical Survey," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 267-297.
- Karl Aiginger, 2013. "A Southern Europe strategy based on vision and industrial policy," EKONOMIAZ, Gobierno Vasco / Eusko Jaurlaritza / Basque Government, vol. 82(01), pages 127-168.
- Benner, Maximilian, 2012. "Cluster Policy: Principles and a Toolbox," MPRA Paper 43847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Grabas & Alexander Nützenadel, 2013. "Industrial Policies in Europe in Historical Perspective," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 15, WWWforEurope.
- Augusto Cerqua & Guido Pellegrini, 2014. "Beyond the SUTVA: how policy evaluations change when we allow for interactions among firms," Working Papers 2/14, Sapienza University of Rome, DISS.
- Ádám Török & Gyöngyi Csuka & Bernadett Kovács & Anita Veres, 2013. "The "resurrection" of industrial policy in the European Union and its impact on industrial policy in the New Member Countries," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 26, WWWforEurope.
- Farla, Kristine, 2012. "Industrial policy for growth," MERIT Working Papers 039, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Benner, Maximilian, 2012. "How to Save Greece? A Menu for Rebuilding the Greek Economy through Industrial Policy," MPRA Paper 40748, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benner, Maximilian, 2013. "Developing Economies with Industrial Policy: Towards a Toolbox for Economic Growth. With Case Studies of Jordan and Egypt," MPRA Paper 43857, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Karl Aiginger, 2012. "A Systemic Industrial Policy to Pave a New Growth Path for Europe," WIFO Working Papers 421, WIFO.
- Philip Amison & David Bailey, 2013. "Industrial diversity and innovation spillovers: dynamic innovation and adoption," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 45, WWWforEurope.
- Kalvet, Tarmo, 2009. "Innovation Policy and Development in the ICT Paradigm: Regional and Theoretical Perspectives," MPRA Paper 19387, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Bailey & Helena Lenihan & Ajit Singh, 2009. "Lessons for African Economies from Irish and East Asian Industrial Policy," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 357-382, December.
- Michael Peneder, 2012. "Competition and Innovation: Revisiting the Inverted-U Relationship," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-5, March.
- Augusto Cerqua & Guido Pellegrini, 2013. "Beyond the SUTVA: how industrial policy evaluations change when we allow for interaction among firms," ERSA conference papers ersa13p340, European Regional Science Association.
- Karl Aiginger, 2013.
"A new strategy for the European periphery,"
WWWforEurope Policy Paper series
- Finbarr Livesey, 2012. "Rationales for Industrial Policy Based on Industry Maturity," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 349-363, September.
- Karl Aiginger & Susanne Sieber, 2009. "Industrial Policy in Austria: From Selective Intervention to a More Systematic Approach," WIFO Working Papers 337, WIFO.
- Neil Foster-McGregor & Mario Holzner & Michael Landesmann & Johannes Pöschl & Robert Stehrer & Roman Stöllinger, 2013. "A ‘Manufacturing Imperative’ in the EU – Europe's Position in Global Manufacturing and the Role of Industrial Policy," wiiw Research Reports 391, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.