Does free trade promote environmental technology transfer?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 104 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Environmental technology transfer; Free trade; Tariff protection; D43; F13; L13; Q56;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Peter Neary & Dermot Leahy, 1998.
"Strategic trade and industrial policy towards dynamic oligopolies,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20246, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Neary, J Peter & Leahy, Dermot, 2000. "Strategic Trade and Industrial Policy towards Dynamic Oligopolies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 484-508, April.
- Neary, J.P. & Leahy, D., 1998. "Strategic Trade and Industrial Policy Towards Dynamic Oligopolies," Papers 98/14, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J Peter, 1998. "Strategic Trade and Industrial Policy Towards Dynamic Oligopolies," CEPR Discussion Papers 1968, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- D Leahy & J.P. Neary, 1998. "Strategic Trade and Industrial PolicyTowards Dynamic Oligopolies," CEP Discussion Papers dp0409, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Walz, Uwe & Wellisch, Dietmar, 1997. "Is free trade in the interest of exporting countries when there is ecological dumping?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 275-291, November.
- Shuichi Ohori, 2006. "Trade liberalization, consumption externalities and the environment: a mixed duopoly approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 17(5), pages 1-9.
- Puller, Steven L., 2006. "The strategic use of innovation to influence regulatory standards," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 690-706, November.
- Ulph, Alistair & Valentini, Laura, 2001. " Is Environmental Dumping Greater When Plants Are Footloose?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(4), pages 673-88, December.
- Rauscher, Michael, 1994. "On Ecological Dumping," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 822-40, Supplemen.
- Georges Tanguay, 2001. "Strategic Environmental Policies under International Duopolistic Competition," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 8(5), pages 793-811, November.
- Christian Helmers & Bronwyn H. Hall, 2010.
"The role of patent protection in (clean/green) technology transfer,"
Economics Series Working Papers
CSAE WPS/2010-23, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hall, Bronwyn & Helmers, Christian, 2010. "The role of patent protection in (clean/green) technology transfer," MERIT Working Papers 046, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Christian Helmers, 2010. "The role of patent protection in (clean/green) technology transfer," CSAE Working Paper Series 2010-23, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Christian Helmers, 2010. "The role of patent protection in (clean/green) technology transfer," NBER Working Papers 16323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:17:y:2006:i:5:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ishikawa, Jota & Spencer, Barbara J., 1999.
"Rent-shifting export subsidies with an imported intermediate product,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 199-232, August.
- Jota Ishikawa & Barbara J. Spencer, 1996. "Rent-Shifting Export Subsidies with an Imported Intermediate Product," NBER Working Papers 5458, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lai, Yu-Bong & Hu, Chia-Hsien, 2008. "Trade agreements, domestic environmental regulation, and transboundary pollution," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 209-228, May.
- Rodney D. Ludema & Taizo Takeno, 2007.
"Tariffs and the adoption of clean technology under asymmetric information,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1100-1117, November.
- Rodney Ludema & Taizo Takeno, 2006. "Tariffs and the Adoption of Clean Technology Under Asymmetric Information," Working Papers gueconwpa~06-06-09, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Klaus Conrad, 2001. "Voluntary Environmental Agreements vs. Emission Taxes in Strategic Trade Models," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(4), pages 361-381, August.
- Takeshi Iida & Kenji Takeuchi, 2009.
"Environmental Technology Transfer via Free Trade,"
0904, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Pennings, Enrico, 2006. "Tariffs, licensing and market structure," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1699-1707, October.
- Burguet, Roberto & Sempere, Jaume, 2003. "Trade liberalization, environmental policy, and welfare," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 25-37, July.
- Riveiro, Dolores, 2008. "Environmental policy and commercial policy: The strategic use of environmental regulation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1183-1195, November.
- Soham Baksi & Amrita Ray chaudhuri, 2009. "On trade liberalization and transboundary pollution," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2605-2612.
- Akira Miyaoka, 2014. "Environmental Technology Transfer in a Cournot Duopoly: The Case of Fixed-Fee Licensing," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 14-08, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.