Global current account adjustment: trade implications for the euro area countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Economics and Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 6 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=111059
Exports; Imports; Elasticities; Euro area; Divergences; F17; F31; F41;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamid Faruqee & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo Pesenti, 2005.
"Smooth Landing or Crash? Model-Based Scenarios of Global Current Account Rebalancing,"
NBER Working Papers
11583, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamid Faruqee & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo Pesenti, 2005. "Smooth landing or crash? model based scenarios of global current account rebalancing," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hamid Faruqee & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo A. Pesenti, 2007. "Smooth Landing or Crash? Model-Based Scenarios of Global Current Account Rebalancing," NBER Chapters, in: G7 Current Account Imbalances: Sustainability and Adjustment, pages 377-456 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaewoo Lee & Menzie D. Chinn, 1998.
"The Current Account and the Real Exchange Rate: A Structural VAR Analysis of Major Currencies,"
NBER Working Papers
6495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, J. & Chinn, M.D., 1998. "The Current Account and the Real Exchange Rate: A Structural VAR Analysis of Major Currencies," Papers 97-98-17, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Peter Hooper & Karen Johnson & Jaime Marquez, 1998. "Trade elasticities for G-7 countries," International Finance Discussion Papers 609, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Campa, Jose Manuel & Gonzalez Minguez, Jose M., 2006.
"Differences in exchange rate pass-through in the euro area,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 121-145, January.
- Campa, Jose M. & Gonzalez, Jose M., 2002. "Differences in exchange rate pass-through in the euro area," IESE Research Papers D/479, IESE Business School.
- Campa, José Manuel & González Mìnguez, Jose Manuel, 2004. "Differences in Exchange Rate Pass-Through in the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 4389, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicholai Benalal & Juan Luis Diaz del Hoyo & Beatrice Pierluigi & Nikiforos Vidalis, 2006. "Output growth differentials across the euro area countries - some stylised facts," Occasional Paper Series 45, European Central Bank.
- Hamid Faruqee, 2004. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through in the Euro Area," IMF Working Papers 04/14, International Monetary Fund.
- Kenneth Rogoff & William Brainard & George Perry, .
"Global Current Account Imbalances and Exchange Rate Adjustments,"
33687, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2005. "Global Current Account Imbalances and Exchange Rate Adjustments," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 36(1), pages 67-146.
- Patrick Honohan & Philip R. Lane, 2003.
"Divergent inflation rates in EMU,"
CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 357-394, October.
- Philip R. Lane & Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Divergent Inflation Rates in EMU," Trinity Economics Papers 20034, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Philip R. Lane, & Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Divergent Inflation Rates in EMU," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp05, IIIS.
- Angeloni, Ignazio & Ehrmann, Michael, 2004.
"Euro area inflation differentials,"
Working Paper Series
0388, European Central Bank.
- Alan Ahearne & JÃ¼rgen von Hagen, 2006. "European perspectives on global imbalances," Working Papers 50, Bruegel.
- Boyd, Derick & Caporale, Gugielmo Maria & Smith, Ron, 2001. "Real Exchange Rate Effects on the Balance of Trade: Cointegration and the Marshall-Lerner Condition," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 187-200, July.
- Honohan, Patrick & Lane, Philip R., 2004.
"Exchange Rates and Inflation Under EMU: An Update,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4583, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philip Lane & Patrick Honohan, 2005. "Exchange Rates and Inflation under EMU: An Update," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp031, IIIS.
- Marquez, Jaime, 1990. "Bilateral Trade Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 70-77, February.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Harvey, Hanafiah & Hegerty, Scott, 2013. "Currency depreciations and the U.S.–Italian trade balance: Industry-level estimates," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 215-225.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Hanafiah Harvey & Scott Hegerty, 2013. "Regime changes and the impact of currency depreciations: the case of Spanish–US industry trade," Empirica, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 21-37, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.