Global current account adjustment: trade implications for the euro area countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Economics and Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 6 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=111059
Exports; Imports; Elasticities; Euro area; Divergences; F17; F31; F41;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth Rogoff & William Brainard & George Perry, .
"Global Current Account Imbalances and Exchange Rate Adjustments,"
33687, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2005. "Global Current Account Imbalances and Exchange Rate Adjustments," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 36(1), pages 67-146.
- Angeloni, Ignazio & Ehrmann, Michael, 2004.
"Euro area inflation differentials,"
Working Paper Series, European Central Bank
0388, European Central Bank.
- Campa, Jose Manuel & Gonzalez Minguez, Jose M., 2006.
"Differences in exchange rate pass-through in the euro area,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 121-145, January.
- Campa, Jose M. & Gonzalez, Jose M., 2002. "Differences in exchange rate pass-through in the euro area," IESE Research Papers, IESE Business School D/479, IESE Business School.
- Campa, José Manuel & González Mìnguez, Jose Manuel, 2004. "Differences in Exchange Rate Pass-Through in the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 4389, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alan Ahearne & JÃ¼rgen von Hagen, 2006. "European perspectives on global imbalances," Working Papers, Bruegel 50, Bruegel.
- Nicholai Benalal & Juan Luis Diaz del Hoyo & Beatrice Pierluigi & Nikiforos Vidalis, 2006. "Output growth differentials across the euro area countries - some stylised facts," Occasional Paper Series 45, European Central Bank.
- Philip R. Lane & Patrick Honohan, 2003.
"Divergent Inflation Rates in EMU,"
Trinity Economics Papers, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics
20034, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Philip R. Lane, & Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Divergent Inflation Rates in EMU," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series, IIIS iiisdp05, IIIS.
- Boyd, Derick & Caporale, Gugielmo Maria & Smith, Ron, 2001. "Real Exchange Rate Effects on the Balance of Trade: Cointegration and the Marshall-Lerner Condition," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 187-200, July.
- Hamid Faruqee, 2004. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through in the Euro Area," IMF Working Papers 04/14, International Monetary Fund.
- Hamid Faruqee & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo Pesenti, 2005.
"Smooth Landing or Crash? Model-Based Scenarios of Global Current Account Rebalancing,"
NBER Working Papers
11583, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamid Faruqee & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo A. Pesenti, 2007. "Smooth Landing or Crash? Model-Based Scenarios of Global Current Account Rebalancing," NBER Chapters, in: G7 Current Account Imbalances: Sustainability and Adjustment, pages 377-456 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamid Faruqee & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo Pesenti, 2005. "Smooth landing or crash? model based scenarios of global current account rebalancing," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Marquez, Jaime, 1990. "Bilateral Trade Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 70-77, February.
- Philip Lane & Patrick Honohan, 2005.
"Exchange Rates and Inflation under EMU: An Update,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series, IIIS
- Honohan, Patrick & Lane, Philip R., 2004. "Exchange Rates and Inflation Under EMU: An Update," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 4583, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jaewoo Lee & Menzie D. Chinn, 1998.
"The Current Account and the Real Exchange Rate: A Structural VAR Analysis of Major Currencies,"
NBER Working Papers
6495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, J. & Chinn, M.D., 1998. "The Current Account and the Real Exchange Rate: A Structural VAR Analysis of Major Currencies," Papers, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences 97-98-17, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Peter Hooper & Karen Johnson & Jaime Marquez, 1998. "Trade elasticities for G-7 countries," International Finance Discussion Papers, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) 609, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Harvey, Hanafiah & Hegerty, Scott, 2013. "Currency depreciations and the U.S.–Italian trade balance: Industry-level estimates," Research in Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 215-225.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Hanafiah Harvey & Scott Hegerty, 2013. "Regime changes and the impact of currency depreciations: the case of Spanish–US industry trade," Empirica, Springer, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 21-37, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.