The Cost of the Game: A Taxonomy of Social Interactions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal European Journal of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100264
customary law; social norms; reciprocity; game theory;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309.
- Leibenstein, Harvey, 1982. "The Prisoners' Dilemma in the Invisible Hand: An Analysis of Intrafirm Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 92-97, May.
- Benson, B.L., 1991. "Customary law as a Social Contract Internatioanl Commercial Law," Working Papers 1991_04_10, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Kronman, Anthony T, 1985. "Contract Law and the State of Nature," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 5-32, Spring.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-41, August.
- Richard Wagner, 1992. "Crafting social rules: Common law vs. statute law, once again," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 381-397, September.
- Cooter, Robert D., 1994. "Structural adjudication and the new law merchant: A model of decentralized law," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 215-231, June.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1983. "Credible Commitments: Using Hostages to Support Exchange," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 519-40, September.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Maskin, Eric, 1986. "The Folk Theorem in Repeated Games with Discounting or with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 533-54, May.
- Greif, Avner, 1989. "Reputation and Coalitions in Medieval Trade: Evidence on the Maghribi Traders," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(04), pages 857-882, December.
- Benson, B.L., 1996. "The Evolution of Commercial Law," Working Papers 1996_09_04, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Levy, David, 1988. "Utility-Enhancing Consumption Constraints," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 69-88, April.
- Vincy Fon & Francesco Parisi, 2008. "Matching rules," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(1), pages 57-70.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.