The relationship between copyright software protection and piracy: Evidence from europe
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal European Journal of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100264
Piracy; Copyright; Intellectual property rights; Enforcement; Panel data; Software protection;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Holm Håkan J., 2003. "Can economic theory explain piracy behavior?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-18, April.
- C. A. Depken & L. C. Simmons, 2004. "Social construct and the propensity for software piracy," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 97-100.
- Grossman, Gene M & Krueger, Alan B, 1995.
"Economic Growth and the Environment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-77, May.
- Andrew E Burke, 1995.
"How Effective are International Copyright Conventions in the Music Industry?,"
CRIEFF Discussion Papers
9516, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Andrew Burke, 1996. "How effective are international copyright conventions in the music industry?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 51-66, March.
- Liebowitz, S J, 1985. "Copying and Indirect Appropriability: Photocopying of Journals," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 945-57, October.
- Keith E. Maskus, 1993. "Intellectual property rights and the Uruguay Round," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 10-25.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2005.
"Shadow economies around the world: what do we really know?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 598-642, September.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2004. "Shadow Economies around the World: What do we really know?," IAW Discussion Papers, Institut fÃ¼r Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW) 16, Institut fÃ¼r Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Landes, William M & Posner, Richard A, 1989. "An Economic Analysis of Copyright Law," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 325-63, June.
- Robert L Ostergard, 2000. "The Measurement of Intellectual Property Rights Protection," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(2), pages 349-360, June.
- Oz Shy & Jacques-Françlois Thisse, 1999.
"A Strategic Approach to Software Protection,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 163-190, 06.
- Tanzi, Vito, 1999. "Uses and Abuses of Estimates of the Underground Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(456), pages F338-47, June.
- Pamela Samuelson, 1999. "Implications of the Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights for Cultural Dimensions of National Copyright Laws," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 95-107, March.
- Ypersele, T.P.M.C. van & Shavell, S., 1999.
"Rewards versus Intellectual Property Rights,"
Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research
1999-26, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Steven Shavell & Tanguy van Ypersele, 1999. "Rewards versus Intellectual Property Rights," NBER Working Papers 6956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- SHAVELL, Steven & VAN YPERSELE, Tanguy, . "Rewards versus intellectual property rights," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1597, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Ehrlich, Isaac, 1973. "Participation in Illegitimate Activities: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 521-65, May-June.
- Keith Maskus, 1998. "The international regulation of intellectual property," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 186-208, June.
- Maskus, Keith E. & Penubarti, Mohan, 1995. "How trade-related are intellectual property rights?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 227-248, November.
- Kathleen Reavis Conner & Richard P. Rumelt, 1991. "Software Piracy: An Analysis of Protection Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 125-139, February.
- Johnson, William R, 1985. "The Economics of Copying," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(1), pages 158-74, February.
- R. Stephen Richardson & James D. Gaisford, 1996. "North-South Disputes over the Protection of Intellectual Property," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 376-81, April.
- Sunil Kanwar, 2002. "Does Intellectual Property Lead to Intellectual Property Protection?," Working papers 108, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Gould, David M. & Gruben, William C., 1996. "The role of intellectual property rights in economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 323-350, March.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2003:i:10:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119, October.
- Sunil Kanwar & Robert E Evanson, 2004.
"Does Intellectual Property Protection Spur Technological Change?,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
122247000000000455, David K. Levine.
- Sunil Kanwar & Robert Evenson, 2003. "Does intellectual property protection spur technological change?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(2), pages 235-264, April.
- Guifang Yang & Maskus, Keith E., 2003. "Intellectual property rights, licensing, and innovation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2973, The World Bank.
- Stanley M. Besen & Leo J. Raskind, 1991. "An Introduction to the Law and Economics of Intellectual Property," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 3-27, Winter.
- Ginarte, Juan C. & Park, Walter G., 1997. "Determinants of patent rights: A cross-national study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-301, October.
- Philipp Mandel & Bernd Suessmuth, 2012. "Determinants of Digital Piracy: A Re-examination of Results," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 232(4), pages 394-413, July.
- Rajeev Goel & Michael Nelson, 2009. "Determinants of software piracy: economics, institutions, and technology," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 34(6), pages 637-658, December.
- Juan Montoro Pons & Manuel Cuadrado García, 2008. "Legal origin and intellectual property rights: an empirical study in the prerecorded music sector," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 153-173, October.
- Yu-Shu Peng & Shing-Shiuan Lin, 2009. "National Culture, Economic Development, Population Growth and Environmental Performance: The Mediating Role of Education," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, Springer, vol. 90(2), pages 203-219, December.
- Dyuti Banerjee, 2011. "On the sufficiency of regulatory enforcement in combating piracy," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 160-176, October.
- Nill, Alexander & Shultz II, Clifford J., 2009. "Global software piracy: Trends and strategic considerations," Business Horizons, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 289-298, May.
- David Waterman & Sung Ji & Laura Rochet, 2007. "Enforcement and Control of Piracy, Copying, and Sharing in the Movie Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 255-289, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.