The Measurement of Intellectual Property Rights Protection
AbstractThis research improves upon empirical studies that examine the measurement of intellectual property rights (IPR) protection. Prior measures examine only one type of law or lack a component that addresses the actual enforcement of these laws. The measure presented here uses three types of IPR laws and enforcement components for them.© 2000 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (2000) 31, 349–360
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 31 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaserant, Camille & Coeurderoy, Régis & Brousseau, Eric, 2007.
"The Governance of Contracts: Empirical Evidence on Technology Licensing Agreements,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University
123456789/7117, Paris Dauphine University.
- Eric Brousseau & Régis Coeurderoy & Camille Chaserant, 2007. "The Governance of Contracts: Empirical Evidence on Technology Licensing Agreements," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 163(2), pages 205-235, June.
- Piotr Stryszowski, 2006.
"Intellectual Property Rights, Globalization and Growth,"
International Trade and Finance Association Conference Papers, International Trade and Finance Association
1086, International Trade and Finance Association.
- Stryszowski Piotr K, 2006. "Intellectual Property Rights, Globalization and Growth," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, De Gruyter, vol. 6(4), pages 1-33, November.
- Stryszowski, P.K., 2006. "Intellectual Property Rights, Globalization and Growth," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2006-76, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Etienne Pfister & Bruno Deffains & Myriam Doriat-Duban & StÃ©phane Saussier, 2006. "Institutions and contracts: Franchising," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 53-78, January.
- Yang, Deli & Fryxell, Gerald E. & Sie, Agnes K.Y., 2008. "Anti-piracy effectiveness and managerial confidence: Insights from multinationals in China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 321-339, July.
- Yang, Deli, 2008. "Pendency and grant ratios of invention patents: A comparative study of the US and China," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 1035-1046, July.
- Antonio Rodriguez Andres, 2004. "The Relationship Between Software Protection And Piracy: Evidence From Europe," Law and Economics, EconWPA 0402001, EconWPA.
- Nicolas Dias Gomes & Pedro André Cerqueira & Luís Alçada Almeida, 2014. "Software Piracy: A Critical Survey of the Theoretical and Empirical Literature," GEMF Working Papers 2014-05, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Antonio AndrÃ©s, 2006. "The relationship between copyright software protection and piracy: Evidence from europe," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 29-51, January.
- Sheng, Shibin & Zhou, Kevin Zheng & Lessassy, Leopold, 2013. "NPD speed vs. innovativeness: The contingent impact of institutional and market environments," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2355-2362.
- Kranenburg,Hans,van & Hogenbrink,Annelies, 2003. "Determinants of Multimedia, Entertainment, and Business Software Copyright Piracy: A Cross-national Study," Research Memorandum, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR) 039, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Nakamura, Masao, 2005. "Joint venture instability, learning and the relative bargaining power of the parent firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 465-493, August.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2004:i:4:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Justina A.V. Fischer & Antonio Rodríguez Andrés, 2005. "Is Software Piracy a Middle Class Crime? Investigating the inequality-piracy channel," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen 2005-18, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Amanda Budde-Sung, 2013. "The Invisible Meets the Intangible: Culture’s Impact on Intellectual Property Protection," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, Springer, vol. 117(2), pages 345-359, October.
- Papageorgiadis, Nikolaos & Cross, Adam R. & Alexiou, Constantinos, 2013. "The impact of the institution of patent protection and enforcement on entry mode strategy: A panel data investigation of U.S. firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 278-292.
- Andrew Wait & Vladimir Smirnov, 2004. "Industry sunk costs and entry dynamics," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(4), pages 1-7.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.