Solution Algorithm to a Class of Monetary Rational Equilibrium Macromodels with Optimal Monetary Policy Design
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Multivariate rational equilibrium models; Timeless perspective of optimal monetary policy; n-th order difference equation structural model; E17; C15; C61; C63;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John H. Boyd & Michael Dotsey, 1990.
"Interest rate rules and nominal determinacy,"
90-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Lubik, Thomas A. & Schorfheide, Frank, 2003. "Computing sunspot equilibria in linear rational expectations models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 273-285, November.
- Rochelle M. Edge, 2003. "A utility-based welfare criterion in a model with endogenous capital accumulation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-66, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Harald Uhlig, 1998.
"A Toolkit for Analysing Nonlinear Dynamic Stochastic Models Easily,"
123, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Uhlig, H., 1995. "A toolkit for analyzing nonlinear dynamic stochastic models easily," Discussion Paper 1995-97, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Harald Uhlig, 1995. "A toolkit for analyzing nonlinear dynamic stochastic models easily," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 101, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Amman, Hans M. & Kendrick, David A., 1998.
"Computing the steady state of linear quadratic optimization models with rational expectations,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 185-191, February.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, 1997. "Computing the Steady State of Linear Quadratic Optimization Models with Rational Expectations," CARE Working Papers 9707, The University of Texas at Austin, Center for Applied Research in Economics.
- Anderson, Evan W. & McGrattan, Ellen R. & Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J., 1996.
"Mechanics of forming and estimating dynamic linear economies,"
Handbook of Computational Economics,
in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 171-252
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ellen R. McGrattan & Thomas J. Sargent, 1994. "Mechanics of forming and estimating dynamic linear economies," Staff Report 182, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Oded Galor, 2004. "Introduction to Stability Analysis of Discrete Dynamical Systems," Macroeconomics 0409011, EconWPA.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1998.
"Solutions to Linear Rational Expectations Models: A Compact Exposition,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1998. "Solutions to linear rational expectations models: a compact exposition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 143-147, November.
- Soderlind, Paul, 1999.
"Solution and estimation of RE macromodels with optimal policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 813-823, April.
- Söderlind, Paul, 1998. "Solution and Estimation of RE Macromodels with Optimal Policy," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 256, Stockholm School of Economics.
- King, Robert G & Watson, Mark W, 1998. "The Solution of Singular Linear Difference Systems under Rational Expectations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1015-26, November.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1, March Cit.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-11, July.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Anderson, Gary & Moore, George, 1985. "A linear algebraic procedure for solving linear perfect foresight models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-252.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, 2003.
"A Classification System for Economic Stochastic Control Models,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2003
114, Society for Computational Economics.
- David Kendrick & Hans Amman, 2006. "A Classification System for Economic Stochastic Control Models," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 453-481, June.
- Sims, Christopher A, 2002.
"Solving Linear Rational Expectations Models,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 20(1-2), pages 1-20, October.
- Christopher Sims, 2001. "Matlab Code for Solving Linear Rational Expectations Models," QM&RBC Codes 11, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Backus, David & Driffill, John, 1986. "The Consistency of Optimal Policy in Stochastic Rational Expectations Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 124, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- McCallum, Bennett T, 2000.
"The Present and Future of Monetary Policy Rules,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 273-86, July.
- Pawel Kowal, 2005. "An Algorithm for Solving Arbitrary Linear Rational Expectations Model," GE, Growth, Math methods 0501001, EconWPA, revised 12 Jun 2005.
- Binder,M. & Pesaran,H.M., 1995.
"Multivariate Rational Expectations Models and Macroeconomic Modelling: A Review and Some New Results,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9415, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Michael Binder & M. Hashem Pesaran, 1994. "GAUSS and Matlab codes for Multivariate Rational Expectations Models and Macroeconometric Modelling: A Review and Some New Results," QM&RBC Codes 74, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Huang, Kevin X.D. & Meng, Qinglai, 2012.
"Increasing returns and unsynchronized wage adjustment in sunspot models of the business cycle,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 284-309.
- Kevin X.D. Huang & Qinglai Meng, 2010. "Increasing Returns and Unsynchronized Wage Adjustment in Sunspot Models of the Business Cycle," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 1007, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Frank Hespeler & Marco M. Sorge, 2013. "Does Near-Rationality Matter in First-Order Approximate Solutions? A Perturbation Approach," CSEF Working Papers 339, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.