Introduction to Stability Analysis of Discrete Dynamical Systems
AbstractThis manuscript analyzes the fundamental factors that govern the qualitative behavior of discrete dynamical systems. It introduces methods of analysis for stability analysis of discrete dynamical systems. The analysis focuses initially on the derivation of basic propositions about the factors that determine the local and global stability of discrete dynamical systems in the elementary context of a one dimensional, first-order, autonomous, systems. These propositions are subsequently generalized to account for stability analysis in a multi-dimensional, higher-order, non-autonomous, nonlinear, dynamical systems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Macroeconomics with number 0409011.
Length: 70 pages
Date of creation: 14 Sep 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 70
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Discrete Dynamical Systems; Difference Equations; Global Stability; Local Stability; Non-Linear Dynamics; Stable Manifolds;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-09-30 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Galor, Oded, 1992. "A Two-Sector Overlapping-Generations Model: A Global Characterization of the Dynamical System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1351-86, November.
- Galor, Oded & Ryder, Harl E., 1989. "Existence, uniqueness, and stability of equilibrium in an overlapping-generations model with productive capital," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 360-375, December.
- Frank Hespeler, 2008. "Solution Algorithm to a Class of Monetary Rational Equilibrium Macromodels with Optimal Monetary Policy Design," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 207-223, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.