Una rassegna su alcuni modelli di crescita economica tipo Solow con dinamica caotica
AbstractIn this paper we review some Solow-type growth models, framed is discrete time, which are able to generate complex dynamic behaviour. For these models put forward by Day (1982, 1983); Böhm and Kaas (2000); and Commendatore (2005) we show that crucial features which could determine the emergence of regular or irregular growth cycles are (i) if the average saving ratio is constant or not; and (ii) the curvature of production function, representing the degree of substitutability between labour and capital. The lower the degree of substitutability, the higher the likelihood of complex behaviour.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9506.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2008
Date of revision:
Logistic Map; Li-York Chaos; Growth Models; Local Stability; Triangle Stability;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-20 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- CARDIA, Emanuela & MICHEL, Philippe, 2003.
"Altruism, Intergenerational Transfers of Time and Bequests,"
Cahiers de recherche
02-2003, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Cardia, Emanuela & Michel, Philippe, 2004. "Altruism, intergenerational transfers of time and bequests," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1681-1701, June.
- CARDIA, Emanuela & MICHEL, Philippe, 2003. "Altruism, Intergenerational Transfers of Time and Bequests," Cahiers de recherche 2003-04, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Galor, Oded & Lin, Shoukang, 1994. "Terms of Trade and Current Account Dynamics: A Methodological Critique," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(4), pages 1001-14, November.
- Bohm, Volker & Kaas, Leo, 2000. "Differential savings, factor shares, and endogenous growth cycles," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 965-980, June.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel & Pintus, Patrick & de Vilder, Robin, 1998.
"Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 14-59, May.
- Jean-Michel Grandmont & P, A, Pintus & R, De Vilder, 1997. "Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles," Working Papers 97-28, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- GRANDMONT, Jean-Michel & PINTUS, Patrick & de VILDER, Robin, 1997. "Capital-labor substitution and competitive nonlinear endogenous business cycles," CORE Discussion Papers 1997087, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Burbidge, John B, 1983. "Government Debt in an Overlapping-Generations Model with Bequests and Gifts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 222-27, March.
- Jan Wenzelburger & Volker Böhm & Thorsten Pampel, 2007. "On the Stability of Balanced Growth," Keele Economics Research Papers KERP 2007/09, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Day, Richard H, 1982. "Irregular Growth Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 406-14, June.
- Galor, Oded & Ryder, Harl E., 1989. "Existence, uniqueness, and stability of equilibrium in an overlapping-generations model with productive capital," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 360-375, December.
- Chiang, Alpha C, 1973. "A Simple Generalization of the Kaldor-Pasinetti Theory of Profit Rate and Income Distribution," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 40(159), pages 311-13, August.
- Barro, Robert J., 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
3451399, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jullien, Bruno, 1988. "Competitive business cycles in an overlapping generations economy with productive investment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 45-65, October.
- Reichlin, Pietro, 1986. "Equilibrium cycles in an overlapping generations economy with production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 89-102, October.
- Galor, Oded, 1992. "A Two-Sector Overlapping-Generations Model: A Global Characterization of the Dynamical System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1351-86, November.
- Boldrin, Michele & Woodford, Michael, 1990.
"Equilibrium models displaying endogenous fluctuations and chaos : A survey,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 189-222, March.
- Michele Boldrin & Michael Woodford, 1988. "Equilibruim Models Displaying Endogenous Fluctuations and Chaos: A Survey," UCLA Economics Working Papers 530, UCLA Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.