Stability of Equilibria in the Overlapping Generations Model with Endogenous Labor Supply
AbstractThis paper looks at the issue of existence and stability of steady state equilibria in an overlapping generations model with productive capital (a-la Diamond) augmented to include endogenous labour supply. The paper derives necessary and sufficient conditions under which a steady state equilbrium is stable. Furthermore, a key result of this paper appears to be this: if labor supply is increasing in the capital-labor ratio at some steady state equilibrium, then, the usual conditions required for stability of the nontrivial steady state in the standard Diamond model are enough to guarantee stability of that steady state in the Diamond model augmented by endogenous labour supply.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite Aix-Marseille III in its series G.R.E.Q.A.M. with number 98a01.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: G.R.E.Q.A.M., (GROUPE DE RECHERCHE EN ECONOMIE QUANTITATIVE D'AIX MARSEILLE), CENTRE DE VIEILLE CHARITE, 2 RUE DE LA CHARITE, 13002 MARSEILLE.
Web page: http://www.greqam.fr/
More information through EDIRC
LABOUR SUPPLY ; ECONOMIC EQUILIBRIUM ; GENERATIONS;
Other versions of this item:
- Nourry, Carine, 2001. "Stability of equilibria in the overlapping generations model with endogenous labor supply," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1647-1663, October.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Galor, Oded & Ryder, Harl E., 1989. "Existence, uniqueness, and stability of equilibrium in an overlapping-generations model with productive capital," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 360-375, December.
- Timothy J Kehoe & David K Levine, 1985.
"Comparative Statics and Perfect Foresight in Infinite Horizon Economies,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1873, David K. Levine.
- Kehoe, Timothy J & Levine, David K, 1985. "Comparative Statics and Perfect Foresight in Infinite Horizon Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 433-53, March.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & David K. Levine, 1982. "Comparitive Statics and Perfect Foresight in Infinite Horizon Economies," UCLA Economics Working Papers 259, UCLA Department of Economics.
- T. J. Kehoe & D. K. Levine, 1982. "Comparative Statics and Perfect Foresight in Infinite Horizon Economies," Working papers 312, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel & Pintus, Patrick & de Vilder, Robin, 1998.
"Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 14-59, May.
- GRANDMONT, Jean-Michel & PINTUS, Patrick & de VILDER, Robin, 1997. "Capital-labor substitution and competitive nonlinear endogenous business cycles," CORE Discussion Papers 1997087, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean-Michel Grandmont & P, A, Pintus & R, De Vilder, 1997. "Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles," Working Papers 97-28, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Mirrlees, J. A., 1976.
"Optimal tax theory : A synthesis,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 327-358, November.
- repec:fth:inseep:9728 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kazi Iqbal & Stephen Turnovsky, 2007.
"Intergenerational Allocation of Government Expenditures: Externalities and Optimal Taxation,"
UWEC-2007-21-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2007.
- Kazi Iqbal & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2008. "Intergenerational Allocation of Government Expenditures: Externalities and Optimal Taxation," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(1), pages 27-53, 02.
- Gori, Luca & Sodini, Mauro, 2011.
"Nonlinear dynamics in an OLG growth model with young and old age labour supply: the role of public health expenditure,"
28180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luca Gori & Mauro Sodini, 2011. "Nonlinear Dynamics in an OLG Growth Model with Young and Old Age Labour Supply: The Role of Public Health Expenditure," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 38(3), pages 261-275, October.
- Jacques Le Cacheux & Vincent Touzé, 2003.
"Vieillissement et richesse des nations,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 84(1), pages 47-91.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2010.
"The growth of public health expenditures in OECD countries: Do government ideology and electoral motives matter?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 797-810, December.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2010. "The growth of public health expenditures in OECD countries: do government ideology and electoral motives matter?," MPRA Paper 24083, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- L. Deidda & F. Cerina, 2002. "Do we need more time for leisure?," Working Paper CRENoS 200203, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Lloyd-Braga, Teresa & Nourry, Carine & Venditti, Alain, 2005.
"Indeterminacy in Dynamic Models: When Diamond Meets Ramsey,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5255, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lloyd-Braga, Teresa & Nourry, Carine & Venditti, Alain, 2007. "Indeterminacy in dynamic models: When Diamond meets Ramsey," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 513-536, May.
- Gori, Luca & Sodini, Mauro, 2012. "Indeterminacy and nonlinear dynamics in an OLG growth model with endogenous labour supply and inherited tastes," MPRA Paper 35942, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bosi, Stefano & Seegmuller, Thomas, 2010.
"On the Ramsey equilibrium with heterogeneous consumers and endogenous labor supply,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 475-492, July.
- Stefano Bosi & Thomas Seegmuller, 2007. "On the Ramsey Equilibrium with heterogeneous consumers and endogenous labor supply," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00143421, HAL.
- Stefano Bosi & Thomas Seegmuller, 2007. "On the Ramsey equilibrium with heterogeneous consumers and endogenous labor supply," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne v07003a, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Jul 2007.
- Thibault, Emmanuel, 2004.
"The power of love,"
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 183-189, August.
- Thibault, Emmanuel, 2004. "The Power of Love," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Shi, Lisi & Suen, Richard M. H., 2013. "Asset Bubbles in an Overlapping Generations Model with Endogenous Labor Supply," MPRA Paper 48835, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guido Cazzavillan & Patrick A. Pintus, 2004. "Robustness of Multiple Equilibria in OLG Economies," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(2), pages 456-475, April.
- Vincent Touzé, 2005. "Fiscal incidence of unfunded pension system: an analytical investigation," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2005-03, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Andersen, Torben M. & Bhattacharya, Joydeep, 2013.
"Unfunded Pensions And Endogenous Labor Supply,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(05), pages 971-997, July.
- Torben M. Andersen & Joydeep Bhattacharya, 2009. "Unfunded pensions and endogenous labor supply," Economics Working Papers 2009-16, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Andersen, Torben M, 2012. "Unfunded Pensions and Endogenous Labor Supply," Staff General Research Papers 34912, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.