An Algorithm for Solving Arbitrary Linear Rational Expectations Model
AbstractWe consider solutions to general linear dynamic systems, possibly singular and non square with general stability conditions. Besides constructing a general algorytm for finding solutions we provide necessary and sufficient conditions for existence of a solution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series GE, Growth, Math methods with number 0501001.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 17 Jan 2005
Date of revision: 12 Jun 2005
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 17. pdf
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
Computational Methods; Schur Decomposition; GUPTRI Decomposition; Sunspots.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-11, July.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Ellen R. McGrattan & Thomas J. Sargent, 1994.
"Mechanics of forming and estimating dynamic linear economies,"
182, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Anderson, Evan W. & McGrattan, Ellen R. & Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J., 1996. "Mechanics of forming and estimating dynamic linear economies," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 171-252 Elsevier.
- Pawel Kowal, 2005. "Solving Models with Imperfect and Asymmetric Information," Macroeconomics 0505025, EconWPA.
- Frank Hespeler, 2008. "Solution Algorithm to a Class of Monetary Rational Equilibrium Macromodels with Optimal Monetary Policy Design," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 207-223, April.
- Frank Hespeler, 2012. "On Boundary Conditions Within the Solution of Macroeconomic Dynamic Models with Rational Expectations," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 40(3), pages 265-291, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.