The Concept and Market Extraction of Effective Age for Residential Properties
AbstractThis paper presents a theoretical and algebraic technique for the estimation of effective age on a residential property. This estimate for the subject property is a number that is calculated relative to the aging of the comparables. The owner's rate of aging can be compared to the rate exhibited by the comparables to determine if the subject's economic life should be equal or different to the economic life of the comparables. The analysis and technique should be of use to every residential appraiser.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal Journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 5 (1990)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McHugh, Richard & Lane, Julia, 1987.
"The Age of Capital, the Age of Utilized Capital, and Tests of the Embodiment Hypothesis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 362-67, May.
- Richard McHugh & Julia Lane, 1986. "The age of capital, the age of utilized capital, and tests of the embodiment hypothesis," Working Papers 86-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Olsen, Edgar O, 1969. "A Competitive Theory of the Housing Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 612-22, Part I Se.
- Chinloy, Peter, 1980. "The effect of maintenance expenditures on the measurement of depreciation in housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 86-107, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.