A Change of Heart? A Bivariate Probit Model of International Students' Change of Return Intention
AbstractUsing a bivariate probit model on a sample of 623 international students studying at tertiary-level courses in New Zealand universities, this paper identifies the factors that affect the change in the students' intention of whether or not to return to their home countries after completing their studies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
international students; intention change; return intention; bivariate probit;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nil Demet Gungor & Aysit Tansel, 2007.
"Brain Drain from Turkey: An Investigation of Students’ Return Intentions,"
ERC Working Papers
0701, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jan 2007.
- Nil Demet Gungor & AysÄ±t Tansel, 2008. "Brain drain from Turkey: an investigation of students' return intentions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(23), pages 3069-3087.
- Nil Demet Gungor & Aysit Tansel, 2006. "Brain Drain From Turkey: An Investigation of Studentsâ€™ Return Intentions," Working Papers, Turkish Economic Association 2006/11, Turkish Economic Association.
- Güngör, Nil Demet & Tansel, Aysit, 2006. "Brain Drain from Turkey: An Investigation of Students' Return Intentions," IZA Discussion Papers 2287, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Greene, W.H., 1996. "Marginal Effects in the Bivariate Probit Model," Working Papers, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics 96-11, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.