Unionism, Relative Wages, and Labor Quality in U.S. Manufacturing Industries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 13 (1972)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Orley Ashenfelter & George E. Johnson, 1971. "Unionism, Relative Wages, and Labor Quality in U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 382, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henry S. Farber, 1982. "The Determination of the Union Status of Workers," NBER Working Papers 1006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elisabetta Magnani & David Prentice, 2000.
"Did Globalization Reduce Unionisation? Evidence from U.S. Manufacturing,"
2000.17, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Magnani, Elisabetta & Prentice, David, 2003. "Did globalization reduce unionization? Evidence from US manufacturing," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 705-726, December.
- Elisabetta Magnani & David Prentice, 2000. "Did Globalization Reduce Unionisation? Evidence from U.S. Manufacturing," Working Papers 2000.17, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1977. "Wage Differentials Are Larger Than You Think," NBER Working Papers 0168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Peoples, Jr., 1990. "Airline Deregulation and Industry Wage Levels," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 49-58, Jan-Mar.
- Jacob Mincer, 1981. "Union Effects: Wages, Turnover, and Job Training," NBER Working Papers 0808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansson, Robert C. & Coggins, Jay S. & Senauer, Benjamin, 1999.
"Union Density Effects In The Supermarket Industry,"
14313, University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center.
- Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong, 1997. "Union membership and employment dynamics with endogenous union density," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 119-125, November.
- John H. Pencavel & Catherine E. Hartsog, 1984. "A Reconsideration of the Effects of Unionism on Relative Wages and Employment in the United States, 1920-80," NBER Working Papers 1316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William T. Dickens & Lawrence F. Katz, 1986. "Interindustry Wage Differences and Industry Characteristics," NBER Working Papers 2014, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.