Gibt es eine Lohnkurve in den neuen Bundesländern? (Is there a wage curve in eastern German?)
Abstract"The paper analyzes the possible existence of a wage curve in East Germany for the time period from 1998 to 2002 using panel data from the IAB-Establishment Panel, restricting the study to firms from the industrial sector. The results give room to the conclusion that there is a wage curve in East Germany. But the estimated wage elasticities exceed comparable results by a factor between 2 and 3 in absolute value." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany] in its journal Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt– und Berufsforschung.
Volume (Year): 36 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Lohnkurve; Lohnentwicklung; Arbeitslosigkeit; regionaler Arbeitsmarkt; IAB-Betriebspanel; Ostdeutschland; Bundesrepublik Deutschland;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 1996. "Wage curve, unemployment duration and compensating differentials," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 425-434, December.
- Muysken, Joan & van Veen, Tom, 1996.
" Efficiency Wages and Local Wage Bargaining,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 98(1), pages 119-27, March.
- Muysken, Joan & Veen, Tom van, 1996. "Efficiency wages and local wage bargaining," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-14780, Maastricht University.
- David Card, 1995. "The Wage Curve: A Review," Working Papers 722, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Moulton, Brent R., 1986. "Random group effects and the precision of regression estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 385-397, August.
- David Card, 1995. "The Wage Curve: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(2), pages 285-299, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1990.
"The Wage Curve,"
NBER Working Papers
3181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "An Introduction to the Wage Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 153-167, Summer.
- B Bell & Stephen Nickell & Glenda Quintini, 2000.
"Wage Equations, Wage Curves and All That,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0472, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Lutz Bellmann & Uwe Blien, 2001. "Wage curve analyses of establishment data from western Germany," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 54(4), pages 851-863, July.
- Markus Pannenberg & Johannes Schwarze, 1996. "Unemployment, Labor Market Training Programs and Regional Wages: An Extended Wage Curve Approach," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 139, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Topel, Robert H, 1986. "Local Labor Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages S111-43, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.