Regulations Regarding Financial Stability for Banking System
AbstractTaking into account the significant transformations that financial systems have suffered, we may say that financial stability stands for one of the latest challenges of the contemporary economies. From this point of view, my paper deals with a brief synthesis of conceptual approaches on financial stability, as well as on the European and national framework for financial stability regulation. Besides, I highlight the importance of the financial stability measures stipulated by the regulations in force.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences in its journal International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal
Economic stability; financial stability; prudential regulation and surveillance; monetary policy; systemic risk; risk of exposure; bridge-loan bank;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glenn Hoggarth & Ricardo Reis & Victoria Saporta, 2001.
"Costs of banking system instability: some empirical evidence,"
Bank of England working papers
144, Bank of England.
- Hoggarth, Glenn & Reis, Ricardo & Saporta, Victoria, 2002. "Costs of banking system instability: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 825-855, May.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2004.
"Macroeconomic Shocks and Banking Supervision,"
IDEI Working Papers
276, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Oosterloo, Sander & de Haan, Jakob, 2004. "Central banks and financial stability: a survey," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 257-273, December.
- HyunSong Shin, 2009. "Securitisation and Financial Stability," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(536), pages 309-332, 03.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.