Alternatives to blanket guarantees for containing a systemic crisis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Stability.
Volume (Year): 1 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glenn Hoggarth & Ricardo Reis & Victoria Saporta, 2001.
"Costs of banking system instability: some empirical evidence,"
Bank of England working papers
144, Bank of England.
- Hoggarth, Glenn & Reis, Ricardo & Saporta, Victoria, 2002. "Costs of banking system instability: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 825-855, May.
- Leslie Teo & Charles Enoch & Carl-Johan Lindgren & TomÃ¡s J. T. BaliÃ±o & Anne Marie Gulde & Marc Quintyn, 2000. "Financial Sector Crisis and Restructuring," IMF Occasional Papers 188, International Monetary Fund.
- Honohan, Patrick & Klingebiel, Daniela, 2003. "The fiscal cost implications of an accommodating approach to banking crises," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1539-1560, August.
- Edward Kane, 2001. "Using disaster planning to optimize expenditures on financial safety nets," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 29(3), pages 243-253, September.
- Kane, Edward J., 2000.
"Capital movements, banking insolvency, and silent runs in the Asian financial crisis,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 153-175, May.
- Edward J. Kane, 2000. "Capital Movements, Banking Insolvency, and Silent Runs in the Asian Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 7514, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hali J. Edison & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1999.
"Capital controls during financial crises: the cases of Malaysia and Thailand,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Edison, Hali, 2001. "Capital controls during financial crises: The case of Malaysia and Thailand," MPRA Paper 13903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hali J. Edison & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Capital controls during financial crises: the case of Malaysia and Thailand," International Finance Discussion Papers 662, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Laeven, Luc, 2002. "Pricing of deposit insurance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2871, The World Bank.
- Luc Laeven, 2004.
"The Political Economy of Deposit Insurance,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 201-224, December.
- George G. Kaufman & Steven A. Seelig, 2000. "Post-resolution treatment of depositors at failed banks: implications for the severity of banking crises, systemic risk, and too-big-to-fail," Working Paper Series WP-00-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Klingebiel, Daniela, 2000. "The use of asset management companies in the resolution of banking crises - cross-country experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2284, The World Bank.
- Topi, Jukka & Vilmunen, Jouko, 2001. "Transmission of monetary policy shocks in Finland: evidence from bank level data on loans," Working Paper Series 0100, European Central Bank.
- Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Klingebiel, Daniela, 1996. "Bank insolvencies : cross-country experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1620, The World Bank.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.