Tax Reforms in Italy and in Europe: An Introduction
AbstractDuring the last decade almost all European tax systems have been subject to more than one change. However, these reforms have been rather limited in scope. In Italy a period of far-reaching reforms started at the end of the 1990s: the "Visco" reform in 1997 and the "Tremonti" reform in 2004. These two reforms are critically discussed with respect to their European counterparts. Moreover some suggestions are proposed to radically reform the present Italian tax system, both as a whole and with particular reference to the corporation tax and to the income tax.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University in its journal Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia.
Volume (Year): 64 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: via Sarfatti, 25 - 20136 Milano (Italy)
Web page: http://www.gde.unibocconi.it/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Willi Leibfritz & John Thornton & Alexandra Bibbee, 1997. "Taxation and Economic Performance," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 176, OECD Publishing.
- A. B. Atkinson, 1999. "The Economic Consequences of Rolling Back the Welfare State," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011719, December.
- Isabelle Joumard, 2001.
"Tax Systems in European Union Countries,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
301, OECD Publishing.
- Burgess, Robin & Stern, Nicholas, 1993. "Taxation and Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 762-830, June.
- Roberto, Basile, 2004.
"Acquisition versus greenfield investment: the location of foreign manufacturers in Italy,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 3-25, January.
- Roberto Basile, 2002. "Acquisition versus greenfield investment: the location of foreign manufacturers in Italy," ISAE Working Papers 27, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Sijbren Cnossen, 2002. "Tax Policy in the European Union: A Review of Issues and Options," CESifo Working Paper Series 758, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bernardi Luigi, 2002. "Imposte giuste, giuste giustizie e riforme impossibili," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 585-596.
- André Sapir, 2005. "Un modello obsoleto? Crescita e specializzone dell'economia italiana," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8122, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bernardi, Luigi & Fraschini, Angela, 2005. "Tax system and tax reforms in India," POLIS Working Papers 45, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Malinvaud, Edmond, 1994. "Growth and employment: The scope of a European initiative," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 489-504, April.
- Giampaolo Arachi & Federico Biagi, 2005. "Taxation, Cost of Capital and Investment: Do Tax Asymmetries Matter?," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 64(2-3), pages 295-322, November.
- Cnossen,Sijbren, 2002. "Tax policy in the european union, A review of issues and options," Research Memorandum 023, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Paul van den Noord & Chistopher Heady, 2001. "Surveillance of Tax Policies: A Synthesis of Findings in Economic Surveys," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 303, OECD Publishing.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erika Somma).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.