Optimal taxation in infinitely-lived agent and overlapping generations models : a review
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in its journal Economic Quarterly.
Volume (Year): (2001)
Issue (Month): Spr ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, Larry E. & Manuelli, Rodolfo E. & Rossi, Peter E., 1997.
"On the Optimal Taxation of Capital Income,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 93-117, March.
- Yvette Alvarez & John Burbidge & Ted Farrell & Leigh Palmer, 1992. "Optimal Taxation in a Life-Cycle Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 111-22, February.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1982.
"Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in an Economy Without Capital,"
532, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Stokey, Nancy L., 1983. "Optimal fiscal and monetary policy in an economy without capital," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 55-93.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985.
"Redistributive taxation in a simple perfect foresight model,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 59-83, October.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1982. "Redistributive Taxation in a Simple Perfect Foresight Model," Discussion Papers 572, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Andrés Erosa & Martin Gervais, 1998.
"Optimal Taxation in Life-Cycle Economies,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
9812, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1987.
"Pareto efficient and optimal taxation and the new new welfare economics,"
Handbook of Public Economics,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 991-1042
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1988. "Pareto Efficient and Optimal Taxation and the New New Welfare Economics," NBER Working Papers 2189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1998.
"Optimal fiscal and monetary policy,"
251, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1986. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in General Equilibrium with Infinite Lives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 607-22, May.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1998. "The A-K Model: It's Past, Present, and Future," NBER Working Papers 6684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atkinson, A B & Sandmo, A, 1980. "Welfare Implications of the Taxation of Savings," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(359), pages 529-49, September.
- Andrew Atkeson & V.V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1999. "Taxing capital income: a bad idea," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 3-17.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Mathias Trabandt, 2007.
"Optimal Pre-Announced Tax Reform Revisited,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2007/52, European University Institute.
- Mathias Trabandt, 2006. "Optimal Pre-Announced Tax Reforms Under Valuable And Productive Government Spending," 2006 Meeting Papers 668, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Valeria De Bonis & Luca Spataro, 2005.
"Taxing Capital Income in a Perpetual Youth Economy,"
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2005(87).
- Valeria De Bonis & Lusa Spataro, 2004. "Taxing capital income in a perpetual youth economy," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 22, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte, 2006. "Stark optimal fiscal policies and sovereign lending," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 337-352.
- Gervais, Martin, 2012.
"On the optimality of age-dependent taxes and the progressive U.S. tax system,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 682-691.
- Gervais, Martin, 2009. "On the optimality of age-dependent taxes and the progressive U.S. tax system," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0905, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Saku Aura, 2004.
"Estate and Capital Gains Taxation: Efficiency and Political Economy Considerations,"
0408, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 Dec 2004.
- Saku Aura, 2004. "Estate and Capital Gains Taxation: Efficiency and Political Economy Considerations," Public Economics 0404011, EconWPA.
- Saku Aura, 2004. "Estate and Capital Gains Taxation: Efficiency and Political Economy Consideration," CESifo Working Paper Series 1198, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anna Rubinchik & Jean-Francois Mertens, 2008.
"Intergenerational equity and the discount rate for cost-benefit analysis,"
2008 Meeting Papers
874, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Mertens, Jean-François & Rubinchik, Anna, 2008. "Intergenerational equity and the discount rate for cost-benefit analysis," CORE Discussion Papers 2008077, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean-François, MERTENS & Anna, RUBINCHIK, 2008. "Intergenerational equity and the discount rate for cost-benefit analysis," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2008047, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- MERTENS, Jean-François & RUBINCHIK, Anna, 2006. "Intergenerational equity and the discount rate for cost-benefit analysis," CORE Discussion Papers 2006091, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Campbell Leith & Ioana Moldovan & Simon Wren-Lewis, 2011.
"Debt stabilization in a Non-Ricardian economy,"
2011_23, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Kazi Iqbal & Stephen Turnovsky, 2007.
"Intergenerational Allocation of Government Expenditures: Externalities and Optimal Taxation,"
UWEC-2007-21-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2007.
- Kazi Iqbal & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2008. "Intergenerational Allocation of Government Expenditures: Externalities and Optimal Taxation," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(1), pages 27-53, 02.
- Zajac Jaroslav, 2004. "Uncertainty fluctuations and multi-agent economies with equilibrium," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 397-400.
- Kartik B. Athreya & Devin Reilly, 2009. "Consumption smoothing and the measured regressivity of consumption taxes," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 75-100.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William Perkins).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.