Budget deficits, exchange rates and the current account: theory and U. S. evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (1984)
Issue (Month): Fall ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shiller, Robert & Campbell, John, 1984.
"A Simple Account of the Behavior of Long-Term Interest Rates,"
3208216, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Campbell, John Y & Shiller, Robert J, 1984. "A Simple Account of the Behavior of Long-Term Interest Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 44-48, May.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1983. "A Simple Account of the Behavior of Long-Term Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 1203, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1976. "The dynamics of fiscal policy in an open economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 115-142, May.
- David, Paul A & Scadding, John L, 1974. "Private Savings: Ultrarationality, Aggregation, and "Denison's Law."," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 225-49, Part I, M.
- R. Dornbusch, 1975. "Exchange Rate Dynamics," Working papers 167, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980.
"Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-29, June.
- Hodrick, Robert J., 1980. "Dynamic effects of government policies in an open economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 213-239, April.
- Robert A. Mundell, 1962. "The Appropriate Use of Monetary and Fiscal Policy for Internal and External Stability," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(1), pages 70-79, March.
- Michael M. Hutchison, 1984. "Intervention, deficit finance and real exchange rates: the case of Japan," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 27-44.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Charles Wyplosz, 1984. "Real Exchange Rate Effects of Fiscal Policy," NBER Working Papers 1255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- G. Vamvoukas, 1997. "Have large budget deficits caused increasing trade deficits? Evidence from a developing country," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(1), pages 80-90, March.
- Evan Lau & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2009. "Twin deficits in Cambodia: An Empirical Study," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2783-2794.
- Nazma Latif-Zaman & Maria N. DaCosta, 1990. "The Budget Deficit and the Trade Deficit: Insights into This Relationship," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 349-354, Oct-Dec.
- Evan Lau & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2009. "Twin deficits in Cambodia: Are there Reasons for Concern? An Empirical Study," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 11-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Owen F. Humpage, 1992. "An introduction to the international implications of U.S. fiscal policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 27-39.
- Reuven Glick, 1988. "Saving-investment determinants of Japan's external balance," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sum, pages 3-14.
- Frederick T. Furlong, 1989. "International dimensions of U.S. economic policy in the 1980s," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 3-16.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Evan Lau & Ahmed M. Khalid, 2005. "Testing Twin Deficits Hypothesis: Using VARs and Variance Decomposition," International Finance 0504001, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.