Inventories and the business cycle: an overview
AbstractA review of research on the relationship between inventory investment and business cycle fluctuations, focusing on the developments of the last 15 years. A central issue in the literature, the relative importance of demand and supply shocks as sources of fluctuations, continues to be debated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (1997)
Issue (Month): Q III ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Eduardo M.R.A. Engel, 1991.
"Dynamic (S,s) Economies,"
NBER Working Papers
3734, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James A. Kahn & Mark Bils, 2000.
"What Inventory Behavior Tells Us about Business Cycles,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 458-481, June.
- Mark Bils & James Kahn, 1998. "What inventory behavior tells us about business cycles," Research Paper 9817, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Mark Bils & James A. Kahn, 1999. "What Inventory Behavior Tells Us About Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 7310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Bils & James A. Kahn, 1999. "What inventory behavior tells us about business cycles," Staff Reports 92, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bils, M. & Kahn, J.A., 1996. "What Inventory Behavior Tells Us About Business Cycles," RCER Working Papers 428, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Alan S. Blinder, 1981. "Retail Inventory Behavior and Business Fluctuations," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 12(2), pages 443-520.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1983.
"The Production and Inventory Behavior of the American Automobile Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 365-400, June.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1983. "The Production and Inventory Behavior of the American Automobile Industry," NBER Working Papers 0891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moses Abramovitz, 1950. "Inventories and Business Cycles, with Special Reference to Manufacturer's Inventories," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number abra50-1.
- Bental, B. & Eden, B., 1992.
"Inventories in a Competitive Environment,"
92-19, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Aubhik Khan & Julie K. Thomas, 2003.
"Inventories and the business cycle: an equilibrium analysis of (S,s) policies,"
329, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Aubhik Khan & Julia K. Thomas, 2004. "Inventories and the business cycle: an equilibrium analysis of (S,s) policies," Working Papers 04-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Aubhik Khan & Julia K. Thomas, 2002. "Inventories and the business cycle: an equilibrium analysis of (S,s) policies," Working Papers 02-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Aubhik Khan & Julia Thomas, 2003. "Inventories and the Business Cycle: An Equilibrium Analysis of (S,s) Policies," NBER Working Papers 10078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Hornstein, 1998. "Inventory investment and the business cycle," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 49-71.
- Sweidan, O., 2004. "Recent Evidence on Improved Inventory Control: A quarterly Model of the US Economy for the period 1959-2001," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(4), pages 75-84.
- Katsuyuki Shibayama, 2008. "Inventory Cycles," Studies in Economics 0804, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Paula R. Worthington, 1998. "Inventories and output volatility," Working Paper Series WP-98-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bernd Süssmuth, 2002. "National and Supranational Business Cycles (1960-2000): A multivariate description of central G7 and EURO15 NIPA aggregates," CESifo Working Paper Series 658, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.