Dynamic (S, s) Economies
AbstractIn this paper, the authors provide a framework to study the aggregate dynamic behavior of an economy where individual units follow (S, s) policies and are subject to aggregate and idiosyncratic shocks. They characterize structural and stochastic heterogeneities that ensure convergence of the economy's aggregate to that of its (stochastic) frictionless counterpart, determine the speed at which convergence takes place, and describe the transitional dynamics of this economy. They study the evolution of the economy's aggregate and the evolution of the difference between this aggregate and that of the difference between this aggregate and that of an economy without microeconomic friction, where the latter pertains to a situation where individual units adjust with no delay to all shocks. Copyright 1991 by The Econometric Society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 59 (1991)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew C. Caplin & Daniel F. Spulber, 1987.
"Menu Costs and the Neutrality of Money,"
NBER Working Papers
2311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caplin, Andrew S, 1985. "The Variability of Aggregate Demand with (S, s) Inventory Policies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1395-1409, November.
- Akerlof, George A, 1979. "Irving Fisher on His Head: The Consequences of Constant Threshold-Target Monitoring of Money Holdings," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 93(2), pages 169-87, May.
- Benabou, Roland, 1987.
"Optimal price dynamics and speculation with a storable good,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Benabou, Roland, 1989. "Optimal Price Dynamics and Speculation with a Storable Good," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(1), pages 41-80, January.
- repec:fth:coluec:448 is not listed on IDEAS
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.