A Time Series Model for the Romanian Stock Market
AbstractThe purpose of this study is to investigate the performance of the Romanian stock market using daily data for the period 1997-2007. During this period the European Union finalized many of its operational issues and EMU was put into effect. Additionally globalization brought increased attention to stock markets throughout the world, while the free trade and the technological financial innovations have changed the world stock market considerably. To test the impact in the Romanian stock market from these developments a number of different time series models are proposed in an attempt to clarify whether or not the Romanian stock market has been adjusted accordingly and to forecast the series. The proposed model is an ARIMA (p,d,q) process fitting the data very well. The results indicate that the Romanian stock market went through a significant structural change during the study period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Research Studies Journal in its journal European Research Studies Journal.
Volume (Year): X (2007)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ersj.eu/
Time series methodology; forecasting stock markets; stationarity tests;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Corhay, A. & Tourani Rad, A. & Urbain, J. -P., 1993. "Common stochastic trends in European stock markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 385-390.
- Arshanapalli, Bala & Doukas, John, 1993. "International stock market linkages: Evidence from the pre- and post-October 1987 period," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 193-208, February.
- Athanasios L. Athanasenas & Constantinos Katrakilidis, 2008. "An Eclectic Causality Model for Income Growth: Evidence from Greece," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 31-46.
- Eleftherios J. Thalassinos & Evagelos D. Politis, 2011. "International Stock Markets: A Co-integration Analysis," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 113-130.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.