Poor farmers' perceived benefits from different types of maize germplasm: The case of creolization in lowland tropical Mexico
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hintze, L. H. & Renkow, M. & Sain, G., 2003. "Variety characteristics and maize adoption in Honduras," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 307-317, December.
- Morris, Michael L. & Risopoulos, Jean & Beck, David, 1999. "Genetic Change in Farmer-Recycled Maize Seed: A Review of the Evidence," Economics Working Papers 7683, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Smale, Melinda & Bellon, Mauricio R & Aguirre Gomez, Jose Alfonso, 2001. "Maize Diversity, Variety Attributes, and Farmers' Choices in Southeastern Guanajuato, Mexico," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 201-25, October.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Zinnah, Moses M., 1993. "Technology characteristics, farmers' perceptions and adoption decisions: A Tobit model application in Sierra Leone," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 297-311, December.
- Morris, Michael L., 2002. "Impacts Of International Maize Breeding Research In Developing Countries, 1966-98," Impact Studies 23722, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Andrew P. Barkley & Lori L. Porter, 1996. "The Determinants of Wheat Variety Selection in Kansas, 1974 to 1993," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 202-211.
- Morris, Michael L. & Lopez-Pereira, Miguel A., 1999. "Impacts of Maize Breeding Research in Latin America, 1966-1997," Miscellaneous Reports 48286, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Edmeades, Svetlana & Smale, Melinda & Renkow, Mitch & Phaneuf, Dan, 2004. "Variety demand within the framework of an agricultural household model with attributes: the case of bananas in Uganda," EPTD discussion papers 125, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Risopoulos, Jean, 2001. "Small-Scale Farmers Expand the Benefits of Improved Maize Germplasm: A Case Study from Chiapas, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 799-811, May.
- Nguezet, Paul Martin Dontsop & Diagne, Aliou & Okoruwa, Victor Olusegun & Ojehomon, Vivian, 0. "Impact of Improved Rice Technology (NERICA varieties) on Income and Poverty among Rice Farming Households in Nigeria: A Local Average Treatment Effect (LATE) Approach," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, vol. 50.
- Joachim Zietz & R. Alan Seals, 2006. "Genetically Modified Maize, Biodiversity, and Subsistence Farming in Mexico," Working Papers 200604, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Rutto, Esther & De Groote, Hugo & Vanlauwe, Bernard & Kanampiu, Fred & Odhiambo, George D. & Khan, Zeyaur R., 2006.
"Participatory Evaluation of Integrated Pest and Soil Fertility Management Options Using Ordered Categorical Data Analysis,"
2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia
25317, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- De Groote, Hugo & Rutto, Esther & Odhiambo, George & Kanampiu, Fred & Khan, Zeyaur & Coe, Richard & Vanlauwe, Bernard, 2010. "Participatory evaluation of integrated pest and soil fertility management options using ordered categorical data analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(5), pages 233-244, June.
- Aslihan Arslan, 2008. "Shadow vs. market prices in explaining land allocation: Subsistence maize cultivation in rural Mexico," Kiel Working Papers 1469, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Mejia, Maria & Peel, Derrell S., 2009. "Determining the Feasibility of Yellow Corn Production in Mexico," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46741, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- S. Ryan Isakson, 2007. "Uprooting Diversity? Peasant Farmers’ Market Engagements and the on-Farm Conservation of Crop Genetic Resources in the Guatemalan Highlands," Working Papers wp122, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Lewis, David J. & Barham, Bradford L. & Zimmerer, Karl S., 2007. "Spatial Externalities in Agriculture: Empirical Analysis, Statistical Identification, and Policy Implications," Staff Paper Series 519, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Aslihan Arslan & J. Edward Taylor, 2008. "Farmers' Subjective Valuation of Subsistence Crops: The Case of Traditional Maize in Mexico," Kiel Working Papers 1457, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Becerril, Javier & Abdulai, Awudu, 2010. "The Impact of Improved Maize Varieties on Poverty in Mexico: A Propensity Score-Matching Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1024-1035, July.
- Lewis, David J. & Barham, Bradford L. & Zimmerer, Karl S., 2008. "Spatial Externalities in Agriculture: Empirical Analysis, Statistical Identification, and Policy Implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1813-1829, October.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Hellin, Jon, 2011. "Planting Hybrids, Keeping Landraces: Agricultural Modernization and Tradition Among Small-Scale Maize Farmers in Chiapas, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1434-1443, August.
- Negassa, Asfaw & Hellin, Jonathan & Shiferaw, Bekele A., 2012. "Determinants of Adoption and Spatial Diversity of Wheat Varieties on Household Farms in Turkey," Socioeconomics Program Working Papers 147106, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Antonio Turrent Fernández & Timothy A. Wise & Elise Garvey, 2012. "Achieving Mexico’s Maize Potential," GDAE Working Papers 12-03, GDAE, Tufts University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.