Exchange rate-based stabilization in Latin America
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 25 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McNown, Robert & S. Wallace, Myles, 1989. "National price levels, purchasing power parity, and cointegration: a test of four high inflation economies," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 533-545, December.
- Stanley Fischer, 1986. "Indexing, Inflation, and Economic Policy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561638, December.
- Elhanan Helpman & Assaf Razin, 1985.
"Exchange Rate Management: Intertemporal Tradoffs,"
NBER Working Papers
1590, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Vegh, Carlos, 1995.
"Nominal interest rates, consumption booms, and lack of credibility: A quantitative examination,"
13898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Vegh, Carlos A., 1995. "Nominal interest rates, consumption booms, and lack of credibility: A quantitative examination," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 357-378, April.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1987.
"Inflation: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
2312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deaton, Angus, 1992. "Understanding Consumption," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288244, September.
- Bruno, M., 1991. "High Inflation and the Nominal Anchors of an Open Economy," Princeton Studies in International Economics 183, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1982. "The Argentine stabilization plan of December 20th," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(9), pages 801-811, September.
- Calvo, Guillermo A, 1986. "Temporary Stabilization: Predetermined Exchange Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(6), pages 1319-29, December.
- Baer, Werner & Nazmi, Nader, 2000. "Privatization and restructuring of banks in Brazil," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 3-24.
- JoaoRicardo Faria & Francisco Galrao Caneiro, 2003. "Devalution, Output and Wages," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 15-27.
- Buffie, Edward F. & Atolia, Manoj, 2012.
"Resurrecting the weak credibility hypothesis in models of exchange-rate-based stabilization,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 361-372.
- Edward F. Buffie & Manoj Atolia, 2006. "Resurrecting the Weak Credibility Hypothesis in Models of Exchange-Rate-Based Stabilization," Working Papers wp2009_01_03, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised Aug 2007.
- Nazmi, Nader, 1998. "The Impact of Foreign Capital on the Brazilian Economy," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(3, Part 1), pages 483-502.
- Junning Cai & Byron Gangnes, 2004. "Open Capital Account: Concrete Wealth or Paper Wealth," International Finance 0401002, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.