Some observations on power and property rights in the inland fisheries of Bangladesh
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 25 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahmed, Mahfuzuddin, 1991. "A model to determine benefits obtainable from the management of riverine fisheries of Bangladesh," Technical Reports 44726, Worldfish Center.
- Ahmed, M., 1991. "A model to determine benefits obtainable from the management of riverine fisheries of Bangladesh," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 7471, October.
- Barzel, Yoram, 1974. "A Theory of Rationing by Waiting," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 73-95, April.
- Alchian, Armen A. & Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "The Property Right Paradigm," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 16-27, March.
- Sanae Ito, 2004. "Globalization and agrarian change: a case of freshwater prawn farming in Bangladesh," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 1003-1013.
- Dixon, P.J. & Sultana, P. & Thompson, P. & Ahmed, M. & Halls, A.S. & Lorenzen, K., 2003. "Understanding livelihoods dependent on inland fisheries in Bangladesh and Southeast Asia: synthesis report," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 38751, October.
- Belton, Ben & van Asseldonk, Imke Josepha Mariana & Thilsted, Shakuntala Haraksingh, 2014. "Faltering fisheries and ascendant aquaculture: Implications for food and nutrition security in Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 77-87.
- Kabir, G.M. Shamsul & Yew, Tai Shzee & Noh, Kusairi Mohd. & Hook, Law Siong, 2011. "Assessing fishers' empowerment in inland openwater fisheries in Bangladesh," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2114-2123, September.
- Samuel Bowles & Arjun Jayadev, 2004.
"Guard Labor: An Essay in Honor of Pranab Bardhan,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2004-15, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Bene, Christophe, 2003. "When Fishery Rhymes with Poverty: A First Step Beyond the Old Paradigm on Poverty in Small-Scale Fisheries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 949-975, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.