Assessing the effectiveness of regional development policies in Northern Greece using data envelopment analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Socio-Economic Planning Sciences.
Volume (Year): 32 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rajiv D. Banker & Richard C. Morey, 1986. "The Use of Categorical Variables in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(12), pages 1613-1627, December.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Smith, Peter & Mayston, David, 1987. "Measuring efficiency in the public sector," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 181-189.
- Charnes, Abraham & Cooper, William W. & Li, Shanling, 1989. "Using data envelopment analysis to evaluate efficiency in the economic performance of Chinese cities," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 325-344.
- Thompson, Russell G. & Langemeier, Larry N. & Lee, Chih-Tah & Lee, Euntaik & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "The role of multiplier bounds in efficiency analysis with application to Kansas farming," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 93-108.
- Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G. & Thanassoulis, E., 1991. "Applied data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-15, May.
- Cook, Wade D. & Kazakov, Alex & Roll, Yaakov & Seiford, Lawrence M., 1991. "A data envelopment approach to measuring efficiency: Case analysis of highway maintenance patrols," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 83-103.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "Population density and regional welfare efficiency," MPRA Paper 30097, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roman, Monica, 2010. "Regional efficiency of knowledge economy in the new EU countries: The Romanian and Bulgarian case," MPRA Paper 23083, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2010.
- Vennesland, Birger, 2005. "Measuring rural economic development in Norway using data envelopment analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 109-119, January.
- Liu, John S. & Lu, Louis Y.Y. & Lu, Wen-Min & Lin, Bruce J.Y., 2013. "A survey of DEA applications," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 893-902.
- Amores, Antonio F. & Contreras, Ignacio, 2009. "New approach for the assignment of new European agricultural subsidies using scores from data envelopment analysis: Application to olive-growing farms in Andalusia (Spain)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(3), pages 718-729, March.
- Portnov, Boris A., 2002. "Interregional inequalities in Israel: Explanatory model and empirical data," ERSA conference papers ersa02p003, European Regional Science Association.
- Roman, Monica, 2008. "The efficiency analysis applied for the evaluation of labour market policies: Study case for Romania," MPRA Paper 20332, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- George Emmanuel Halkos & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2010. "Measuring regional economic efficiency: the case of Greek prefectures," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 603-632, December.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2005. "A DEA approach to regional development," MPRA Paper 3992, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Galanopoulos, Konstantinos & Aggelopoulos, Stamatis & Kamenidou, Irene & Mattas, Konstadinos, 2006. "Assessing the effects of managerial and production practices on the efficiency of commercial pig farming," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 125-141, June.
- Portnov, Boris A. & Erell, Evyatar, 2004. "Interregional inequalities in Israel, 1948-1995: divergence or convergence?," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 255-289, December.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2008. "Measuring regional public health provision," MPRA Paper 23762, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Portnov, B. A. & Etzion, Y., 2000. "Investigating the effects of public policy on the interregional patterns of population growth: the case of Israel," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 239-269, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.