Analiza eficienţei activităţii de cercetare dezvoltare inovare prin metoda DEA
[The Efficency Analysis Of R&D Activities By Using Dea]
AbstractBy this paper we intend to analyze the existing gap in the efficiency of R&D investment, at European level. The method employed in this respect is Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA). The evaluation of the performance in R&D in European countries, in terms of technical efficiency (TE) thus constitutes the main goal of this research. Small European economies (i.e. Luxemburg and Sweden) have high levels of research efficiency, while some of the larger ones, namely, United Kingdom, France, and Spain, show lower TE scores. Romania is characterized by a very low rate of knowledge production, suggesting that they are still in the phase of imitating and replicating existing technologies, while only little effort made to innovate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 44000.
Date of creation: Jul 2012
Date of revision:
R&D; Data Envelopment Analysis; technical efficiency;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2013-02-16 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2013-02-16 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven G. Allen, 1996.
"Technology and the Wage Structure,"
NBER Working Papers
5534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Caselli & Wilbur John Coleman II, 2001.
"Cross-Country Technology Diffusion: The Case of Computers,"
NBER Working Papers
8130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Caselli & Wilbur John Coleman, 2001. "Cross-Country Technology Diffusion: The Case of Computers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 328-335, May.
- Caselli, Francesco & Coleman II, Wilbur John, 2001. "Cross-Country Technology Diffusion: The Case of Computers," CEPR Discussion Papers 2744, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Monica Roman, 2010. "Regional Efficiency Of The Knowledge Economy In The New Eu Countries: The Romanian And Bulgarian Case," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 4(1), pages 33-53, JUNE.
- Jon Zabala-Iturriagagoitia & Peter Voigt & Antonio Gutierrez-Gracia & Fernando Jimenez-Saez, 2007. "Regional Innovation Systems: How to Assess Performance," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 661-672.
- Tatjana Slavova, 2008. "A rank order and efficiency evaluation of the EU regions in a social framework," Empirica, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 339-367, September.
- Jens Schmidt-Ehmcke & Petra Zloczysti, 2009. "Research Efficiency in Manufacturing: An Application of DEA at the Industry Level," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 884, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Zizi Goschin & Daniela-L. Constantin & Monica Roman & Bogdan Ileanu, 2008. "The current state and dynamics of regional disparities in Romania," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 2(2), pages 80-105, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.